Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gallery_128734_403_33332.jpg

Konami have let the cat out of the bag regarding the much anticipated Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater remake in 3D for the Nintendo 3DS. They announced the date, March 8th, but gave no indication as to which regions this date is for, so we can only assume it will be a simultaneous worldwide release.
Snake Eater 3D is not only a remake of the original game, it also includes brand new features such as a camouflage photogoraphy system, new camera angles, gyroscope controls and the option to crouch. The game will also support the 3DS Circle Pad Pro, which is due for release late this month.

icon11.gif
Source

Reactions: 1 person

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES!
My purchase schedule is nice and spread out so I can afford it.
Feb. 14th - Tales Of The Abyss
March 8th (two days after my birthday) MGS 3 :D

D

Deleted_171835

Uh, I'll be getting this if only for the fact that it's a portable version of MGS3. I'm going to play the MGS series in order (starting from MGS1/2 on the PC).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a sensible person and got MGS HD already so I'd never waste cash on this load of crap.

Seriously, MGS3 is not a portable game, especially with dem cutscenes.

Uh, I'll be getting this if only for the fact that it's a portable version of MGS3. I'm going to play the MGS series in order (starting from MGS1/2 on the PC).

...Why not just wait for MGS HD Vita then? I know this has a few "bonus" features but the Vita version also has MGS2 and transfarring.

0nyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will really not sell well, with the HD collection already out on PS3 / X360.
Plus, we already have many good games coming out on the 3DS soon (Tales of the abyss, Re Revelations, Kid Icarus Uprising) in february/march, so people will probably buy something else for their handheld

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably wait for a price drop on this one. From impressions I've read, it has a few frame rate problems and graphically speaking it looks horrible. Not to mention, it's probably going to be $40 and for that price I might as well get the collection which has two more games.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Snake Eater is most definitely not portable friendly (unlike MGS and perhaps SoL...the latter is a bit touch and go). I suppose it's nice for people who don't own a PS3 or PS2 but i get the impression it's going to be a test of persistence to play on the 3DS.

I also wonder if The End will be harder or easier on the 3DS.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a sensible person and got MGS HD already so I'd never waste cash on this load of crap.

Seriously, MGS3 is not a portable game, especially with dem cutscenes.

...Why not just wait for MGS HD Vita then? I know this has a few "bonus" features but the Vita version also has MGS2 and transfarring.

Vita is a portable handheld.

I do agree with those who're preferring to buy the HD collection.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Vita is a portable handheld.

I know, I was saying if you were still really hellbent on portable MGS3 then why not get the Vita version instead of what has proven to be a rather bad looking remake.
I don't think someone should buy the Vita collection if the same person doesn't / won't own a Vita :P
On the game itself: It's really not worth seeing how the HD collection gives you more bang for your buck.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think someone should buy the Vita collection if the same person doesn't / won't own a Vita :P
On the game itself: It's really not worth seeing how the HD collection gives you more bang for your buck.

I guess, but if you were really gearing for a portable MGS3 and you had a lot of disposable income then there's a clear winner there. But logically I see where you're coming from.

And the HD Collection is excellent, buy it people.

D

Deleted_171835

Well there hasn't been any information on the MGS HD Vita Collection's release date. I'll be trading in Star Fox 3DS towards this so it won't be much of a loss, anyways.

And given my current financial situation, I'm not so sure I'll be able to get a Vita at launch. :/

Kayouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I saw this, other sources say " February 21 in North America,
Europe/Japan/Australia on March 8,​
" as a release date I like this date better!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh. I wish I could say more for this, but... eh.

Besides, even if I did have a 3DS, Mass Effect 3 launches two days before. There's only room for one game that begins with M in March (It's kind of a specific category).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra loows it already?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Citra loows it already?