Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - eShop demo footage

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,897
  • Replies 45
D

Deleted_171835

OP

This appears to be the same demo shown at Gamescom. The framerate doesn't look so good.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it just keeps looking worse and worse.

Also porting MGS3 to a portable is a horrific idea. "Portable" or "pick up and play" are like the exact opposites of the game.

Even then, for $10 more you can get the HD Collection with good graphics and good framerate and two other fantastic games. Looks like one of the dumbest ports I've seen in recent memory.

Reactions: 2 people

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see what's so bad about this.

Anyway, I'll be picking it up as soon as I can. Quite excited for it, really.
It probably wouldn't be that bad if it was its own game. The issue comes with it being an inferior port of an old PS2 game. The 3DS is more powerful than the PS2 and yet we've got downgraded 3D models, much lower res textures, and a pitiful framerate. In the meantime, there are superior versions coming out on both PS3 and Vita with several other Metal Gear games packed in. Not to mention the PS2 version still appears to be superior to even the 3DS port.

It's not the worst port i've ever seen, but it's something i'd expect from one of Ubisoft's launch titles. It reminds me of their Rayman 3D port in fact. Trust me, i've played some stinker ports. This one is pretty bad still though. And we expect better of Konami and Kojima.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's a demo and doesn't accurately represent the final product, but then again, this doesn't look any better than footage we had previously. In fact, it might actually look worse. The textures don't look very good, and the frame rate is noticeably bad. This is kind of disappointing. This was previously a title that was tempting me to get a 3DS, too.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

It probably wouldn't be that bad if it was its own game. The issue comes with it being an inferior port of an old PS2 game. The 3DS is more powerful than the PS2 and yet we've got downgraded 3D models, much lower res textures, and a pitiful framerate. In the meantime, there are superior versions coming out on both PS3 and Vita with several other Metal Gear games packed in. Not to mention the PS2 version still appears to be superior to even the 3DS port.

It's not the worst port i've ever seen, but it's something i'd expect from one of Ubisoft's launch titles. It reminds me of their Rayman 3D port in fact. Trust me, i've played some stinker ports. This one is pretty bad still though. And we expect better of Konami and Kojima.
Didn't I spend like 5 pages last time telling you it's not a port?

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
So when will the US start getting demos?

More on topic: I think it looks ok and I think the game will be good. Graphics don't bother me as long as it doesn't look horrific (Which I believe they don't) I'm hella excited about this game and I'm already counting my pennies for it

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite the whole "Metal-Gear-Solid-sucks-being-on-a-Nintendo-console" bias that's evident in this thread, I gotta say, the 3DS can certainly handle high quality audio very well (clear crisp audio) even though the games are on "cartridges".

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I played this game at GAMEfest and it was not too bad, but the poor framerate was most noticeable in cut scenes. Everywhere else it was OK and this video doesn't really do it justice.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't I spend like 5 pages last time telling you it's not a port?
And didn't i spent five pages telling you i don't buy into every bit of bullshit Kojima spews for a sales pitch? He claims it's a remake optimized for 3DS hardware. I call bullshit, especially on the "optimized" part. Feel free to continue thinking i'm stupid for that if you like, or thinking whatever you want about me. It doesn't bother me and it's not going to change my mind. I don't even care whether it's a remake or a port, i only care that it's such a half assed effort after seeing the Naked Sample. That's where i stand.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Actually Rayman belongs to Ubisoft, but I agree, this game looks bad.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's not fair to blame Kojima. He is not involved with the game development. The only thing he directed was the Naked sample, which looked godly.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
And didn't i spent five pages telling you i don't buy into every bit of bullshit Kojima spews for a sales pitch?
The majority of what I was talking about had nothing to do with Kojima. I pointed that out multiple times, since you seemed to want to cling to it.

As a mag staffer you should be ashamed of yourself. Isn't it your job to do research and look into the facts and not be swayed by personal opinion? I provided tons of reasoning and developmental links about the game's progress to show that all signs pointed to it being a remake, not a port. Even other posters in that thread mocked you for not paying any damned attention. Is that how a mag staffer should be posting about news? In such a way that members of the forum mock him for not actually reading?

I only mentioned Kojima as a secondary, as confirmation of what was already suspected from paying attention to the development of the product.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And didn't i spent five pages telling you i don't buy into every bit of bullshit Kojima spews for a sales pitch?
The majority of what I was talking about had nothing to do with Kojima. I pointed that out multiple times, since you seemed to want to cling to it.

As a mag staffer you should be ashamed of yourself. Isn't it your job to do research and look into the facts and not be swayed by personal opinion? I provided tons of reasoning and developmental links about the game's progress to show that all signs pointed to it being a remake, not a port. Even other posters in that thread mocked you for not paying any damned attention. Is that how a mag staffer should be posting about news? In such a way that members of the forum mock him for not actually reading?

I only mentioned Kojima as a secondary, as confirmation of what was already suspected from paying attention to the development of the product.
I've seen him taking photos of photocamo and a few other things, but do we really know if he is paying attention to the development or just testing some features?

Either way, if he is, I totally agree.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: