• Views 3,873
  • Replies 45

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you're saying. And i can see your argument's merits on the situation. As a member of unseen64, i'm well aware of what builds go through, and the drastic changes games see over the course of their development. I'm perfectly happy with waiting it out and seeing what the final game looks like before completely writing it off. I just can't see much being done in 3 months time. If the game releases looking the same as the E3 build, i would say it's a lazy effort because they squandered almost a year without any visual improvement. Not to say there wasn't other non-visible improvements in the code of course, but i think the most intolerable thing is probably the framerate. Again, happy to be wrong. I get the feeling the HD collection is getting all the attention.

Thanks for the civility btw.

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I should have made it clear I agree the game looks disappointing earlier, it seems. :P

Yeah it doesn't look like they have enough time to do major improvements. Even though a remake does take far more time than a port, already having all the game design done ahead of time saves a bunch of work, it just seems they may have overestimated the amount of time it saved.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the first remake that looks like a lazy port. OOT 3D, Starfox and Mario 64 DS all look great with their upgraded visuals. But this, remake or not, doesn't do the term "remake" justice.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Genesis on GBA is still what i'd consider a worse "remake". Not to mention the GBA versions of Earthworm Jim, EWJ2, and even Comix Zone. They might look somewhat like their originals (sharing the same visual assets), but they sure as hell don't play like them. Physics and collision detection for all of those are complete balls. The DKC ports to GBA seem somewhat similar in nature, though not nearly as bad (they still look and play very different from the originals). I doubt any of those games share much in common code-wise to their original versions.

At least MGS3D looks like they replicated the gameplay of the PS2 version.

Tnigz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least MGS3D looks like they replicated the gameplay of the PS2 version.

I'm just glad that they included extra features, like crawl-walking, fps mode, etc.
Rather than just remaking it into the same damn game without anything would totally kill me from actually purchasing it, but hopefully the FPS issues won't be severe in areas with which framerate is essential.
Ima stick on the "Wait-and-See" boat...

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I just came

to see this pic and now I am all excited.
Still, I will probably buy the HD collection first. I'm a big fan of the saga.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2