Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - eShop demo footage

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by soulx, Jan 2, 2012.

1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada

This appears to be the same demo shown at Gamescom. The framerate doesn't look so good.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Eh, it just keeps looking worse and worse.

Also porting MGS3 to a portable is a horrific idea. "Portable" or "pick up and play" are like the exact opposites of the game.

Even then, for $10 more you can get the HD Collection with good graphics and good framerate and two other fantastic games. Looks like one of the dumbest ports I've seen in recent memory.

2 people like this.
  3. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I don't see what's so bad about this.

Anyway, I'll be picking it up as soon as I can. Quite excited for it, really.

4. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    It probably wouldn't be that bad if it was its own game. The issue comes with it being an inferior port of an old PS2 game. The 3DS is more powerful than the PS2 and yet we've got downgraded 3D models, much lower res textures, and a pitiful framerate. In the meantime, there are superior versions coming out on both PS3 and Vita with several other Metal Gear games packed in. Not to mention the PS2 version still appears to be superior to even the 3DS port.

It's not the worst port i've ever seen, but it's something i'd expect from one of Ubisoft's launch titles. It reminds me of their Rayman 3D port in fact. Trust me, i've played some stinker ports. This one is pretty bad still though. And we expect better of Konami and Kojima.

5. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I know it's a demo and doesn't accurately represent the final product, but then again, this doesn't look any better than footage we had previously. In fact, it might actually look worse. The textures don't look very good, and the frame rate is noticeably bad. This is kind of disappointing. This was previously a title that was tempting me to get a 3DS, too.

6. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    Kojima will be trolling us either way. I just hope they don't ruin the experience (I just can't believe a company is willing to sacrifice the name of a well-known IP by ruining a port/remake).

1 person likes this.
  7. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I hope Kojima just doesn't spoil his own reputation.

8. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

but...but guys!! it has 3D D:

4 people like this.
  9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Didn't I spend like 5 pages last time telling you it's not a port?

10. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    So when will the US start getting demos?

More on topic: I think it looks ok and I think the game will be good. Graphics don't bother me as long as it doesn't look horrific (Which I believe they don't) I'm hella excited about this game and I'm already counting my pennies for it

11. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Despite the whole "Metal-Gear-Solid-sucks-being-on-a-Nintendo-console" bias that's evident in this thread, I gotta say, the 3DS can certainly handle high quality audio very well (clear crisp audio) even though the games are on "cartridges".

12. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    I played this game at GAMEfest and it was not too bad, but the poor framerate was most noticeable in cut scenes. Everywhere else it was OK and this video doesn't really do it justice.

13. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Kojima'd and Toryiama'd.

14. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    And didn't i spent five pages telling you i don't buy into every bit of bullshit Kojima spews for a sales pitch? He claims it's a remake optimized for 3DS hardware. I call bullshit, especially on the "optimized" part. Feel free to continue thinking i'm stupid for that if you like, or thinking whatever you want about me. It doesn't bother me and it's not going to change my mind. I don't even care whether it's a remake or a port, i only care that it's such a half assed effort after seeing the Naked Sample. That's where i stand.

15. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Actually Rayman belongs to Ubisoft, but I agree, this game looks bad.

16. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States

17. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany

18. Ssx9

Member Ssx9 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I think it's not fair to blame Kojima. He is not involved with the game development. The only thing he directed was the Naked sample, which looked godly.

19. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The majority of what I was talking about had nothing to do with Kojima. I pointed that out multiple times, since you seemed to want to cling to it.

As a mag staffer you should be ashamed of yourself. Isn't it your job to do research and look into the facts and not be swayed by personal opinion? I provided tons of reasoning and developmental links about the game's progress to show that all signs pointed to it being a remake, not a port. Even other posters in that thread mocked you for not paying any damned attention. Is that how a mag staffer should be posting about news? In such a way that members of the forum mock him for not actually reading?

I only mentioned Kojima as a secondary, as confirmation of what was already suspected from paying attention to the development of the product.

20. Ssx9

Member Ssx9 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I've seen him taking photos of photocamo and a few other things, but do we really know if he is paying attention to the development or just testing some features?

Either way, if he is, I totally agree.