Metal Gear Solid 4

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by VVoltz, May 5, 2008.

1. VVoltz
    OP

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    I just put 10USD for my preorder @ Gamestop, I'm an avid MGS fan, but I haven't finished MGS3, still, I'll probably catch up with the story with the DVD as I'm getting the special edition.

Does anyone else put a preorder? [​IMG]

2. Awdofgum

Awdofgum Wadofgum

Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    I plan on getting it, once i have a PS3, I'm hoping to have saved up $500 for the bundle.

3. enigmaindex

enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    i pre-ordered the game about a month ago now so yeah.

4. Mucuna

Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2006
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Do you think that is wise to pre-order from an ebay seller that have +13000 positive feedbacks?
    (the shipping is really cheaper, comparing with gamestop)

5. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    i'm going to buy on the day, i might consider pre ordering if i find it for really cheap.

6. lookout

lookout GBAtemp Board Room

Aug 16, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Metal Gear Solid 4, pre-ordered done [​IMG] ... what next?

7. JimmyJangles

JimmyJangles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2006
    United States
    Once Amazon.com puts the bundle up for pre-order, I'll order it. They're taking their time though (and showing a release date of June 30,) so I may need another no tax + free shipping alternative just in case Amazon doesn't come through.

8. zoharmodifier

zoharmodifier GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2006
    United States
    When IS the bundle going to be available for order? [​IMG]

9. SleepingDragon

SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    P3X-719
    I've had only good experiences pre-ordering from e-bay sellers. With over 13,000 pos feedbacks, you should be ok.

10. VVoltz
    OP

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    I was reading, the Limited Edition only has an extra BluRay with behind the scenes and the soundtrack.... I don't know if that and different artwork on the package is worth it.... I mean the LE is 85USD!!!
    Mmm... what do you guys think, regular or limited edition?

11. Mucuna

Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2006
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    There is a different artwork (comes in a box, etc), but the behind the scenes disc you can get preordering the standard edition from some places.

About the soundtrack... only preordering the special edition, I belive.

I was thinking about preorder the special edition too, but US85.00 plus US65.00 shipping, not gonna happen! [​IMG]

That's the internation shipping at Game Stop, the only place I found where I could put an (international) preorder for the special edition.

12. bclowe

bclowe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    i personally wouldnt get the special edition, because theyre just going to come out with a better extended version of it next year. but thats not going to stop me from buying the ps3 bundle of it.

13. VVoltz
    OP

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    True, and the behind-the-scenes videos are going to be @ThePirate bay that same day, but call it a "Thank you" for Konami. I seriously love that series.

14. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    the special dvd is metal gear saga vol.2 ?

15. Bloodgod

Bloodgod 嵐の王

Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    I'll have my second PS3 when I get the MGS4 Bundle and my 3rd Dual Shock 3 (two JPN ver). Sue me I couldn't wait for the US release xD

16. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    yep, just like substance and subsistence so i would recommend anyone to wait and not buy the special edition, the pal uk special ed version is like £80 over here, that would be around $156 dollars....

17. square

square The Professor

Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    I ordered the special edition, mainly for the supplements. I don't have a PS3 and now that they are taking away PS2 support* I doubt I will get one, unless the price comes down...alot. $500 for something I will use for one game, I think I will just burrow someone elses.

*The newer models apparently only have limited PS2 and PSX support. I know most of the games I play won't be supported. Same thing with the XBOX360. VIdeo games hardware is not user friendly, the customer is forced to update and anything over a few years old is no longer playabe. This is the same reason I don't buy any mutliplayer focused games, unless I know they will last. e.g. TFC, UT, D2.

18. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    PS1 support is the same for all PS3 models.

19. Sc4rFac3d

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    So review scores are coming in, what do you guys think? I don't want to read the reviews myself since I don't want to be spoiled about anything at all.

IGN UK: 9.9
    Eurogamer: 8 (supposedly a 9 before the edit)
    Edge: 8
    Gamepro: 5/5
    OPM UK: 10

My copy is hopefully coming within the week, can't wait! Already finished all the Metal Gears about a week ago. [​IMG]

20. VVoltz
    OP

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    This game will be the awesomo.