Metal Gear Solid 4 - Online BETA

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by enigmaindex, Apr 16, 2008.

1. enigmaindex
    OP

enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Yep i just finished downloading the Metal Gear Solid 4 Online BETA.

Here are some pictures for proof.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those peices of paper say my username and the current date in Australia.

I also have not pre-ordered the game in anyway as of yet.

Will keep you updated.

And dont PM asking for the steps, i simply wont reply at this current time.

2. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
  3. enigmaindex
    OP

enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Lol yeah i am aware of that. I am yet to receive that email. I know i probably wont be able to play this as they could easily block my IP. I was just curious to see if i could infact downlaod it through the "exploit" i read. And it worked. But as i said it probably wont work for when i want to play it.

Anyways more pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I installed it and then i clicked on it through the XMB it came up with the intro showing all the companies and stuff like Kojima Productions or somthing.( I also might add the music is very cool aswell)

And then i said it found an update (it wouldnt let me do anything until i updated), so im updating it now. And its pretty cool. It asks you how you want to download the update. Via HTTP or Peer2Peer. I chose Peer2Peer and there are obviously alot more people doing this as i am downlaoding off other peers. I also want to add fuck this is a huge update aswell.

Thats what the pictures are of. And its weird casue its all in english and not japanese.

UPDATE: Okay i finished the update and i go to play it but it comes back with a server error. Which is i think expected since the servers havent launched yet. So i shall try tomorrow.

4. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    Cool. I'm downloading right now. It worked fine. For those who need instructions, you just.

1.Open a Master Account on the PLAYSTATION®Network (or use an existing Master Account)
    2.From the PLAYSTATION®Network icon on the XMB, select ‘Account Manager’
    3.Enter ‘Transaction Management’
    4.Select Redeem PLAYSTATION®Network card or Promotional Code.
    5.Enter voucher code. Please note that the voucher code is case-sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

5. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
  6. The_Cylon_Surfer

The_Cylon_Surfer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 5, 2005
    Base Beach 1
    Has anyone got any ideas on how UK players can sign up? I hear we get the beta too now but cant find any details on the website....[​IMG]

7. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    show off, i don't care anyway us UK peeps will be downloading it tomorrow WITHOUT A SILLY CODE [​IMG]

it will be on the store tomorrow afternoon, mid evening , the usual time the UK store is always updated, once it's up just download.

8. The_Cylon_Surfer

Jul 5, 2005
    Base Beach 1
    hehehe - I hope so! i'll check in the morning, before work ...Just in case!! [​IMG]

9. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    I got the email with the code, but it said that the download isn't available 'til tomorrow ... and when I tried to put the code in, it said invalid.

10. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    MGS4 online seems kinda stupid but then I had a closer look at MGS4 and I found its a lot more action based ,which is a shame...
    Still looks awesome as hell though.

11. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    maybe you should play the game first before you past judgement? the online beta is free to download so try and play it for a while, i truly enjoyed playing the metal gear solid 3 subsistence online (i beta tested it too) and i'm expecting this one to be just as good [​IMG]

12. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    btw is the game palyable tomorrow or just downloadable? Just wondering when the actual beta starts.

Also i think you can just signup for konami id and then you get code. dunno if european users need any codes though :S

13. Bob Evil

Sep 27, 2006
    From the email I received :

You are qualified to participate in the Metal Gear® Online Beta promotion!

This allows you to participate in the exclusive, limited time, private Beta of Metal Gear® Online! Carefully follow the instructions within this email and use your Unique Product Voucher Code to retrieve the Metal Gear® Online Beta. Print a copy of this email to redeem the Unique Product Voucher Code below. Good luck and thank you for your participation!

Your Unique Product Voucher Code:
    [ ****-****-**** ]

Download will be Available:
    April 17th – May 5th, 2008

Gameplay Available:
    April 21st – May 5th, 2008

14. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    Nah shame, next week then. Atleast i've enough time to download it or something. :|

15. xcalibur

xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

Jun 2, 2007
    Sacred Heart
    I played all three but I prefer the first over all of them where the focus was mostly on sneaking.
    Splinter Cell seems more like Metal Gear then Metal Gear [​IMG]

16. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    europe won't need codes we just download when it gets uploaded on the PSN store.

17. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    just to let you guys know, the MGO beta (europe) is on the store now! go and download!

18. The_Cylon_Surfer

Jul 5, 2005
    Base Beach 1
    Cool - just got my bro to start off the download! Roll on the day it becomes playable...!

19. Bob Evil

Sep 27, 2006
    21st of April [​IMG]

20. The_Cylon_Surfer

Jul 5, 2005
    Base Beach 1
    Yup! Marked in it my Calender!! Shame it's a work day...what "illness" should I get :S