Hacking Metal Gear Solid 4 - Act4 Playable?

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heared a lot of rumors, that MGS4 is crashing in Act4 with backupmanagers. It seems to be a problem with a passage, where you can see the start of MGS1. To show this the ps3 is starting a ps1 emulator and that crahses the backupmanager.
Can anyone confirm, that this problem is still there with the newest version of MultiMan?

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried this yet buy got it from wolverine15 on ps3hax.net.

How to fix MGS4 act 4 (PSX Part)

This is a tutorial on how to fix Act 4 in Metal Gear Solid 4. This is the part where it switches to the PSX part at shadow moses. (At time of writing) Without this fix it will crash. This is caused because the ps3 switches to PSX emulated mode and when it tries to switch back to regular ps3 mode it locks up and freezes.

The original tutorial can be found here. I have made some alterations to make it easer to understand.

Step 1: Start PS3 in Jailbroken State (unplug/turn of switch at back insert device plug in/turn on switch press power then eject in quick secuence.)

Step 2: If you have played MGS4 already on your console delete the GAME data. do this by going to the game tab and going to the very top where it says game data utility then find your MGS4 data press triangle and delete. MAKE SURE THIS IS YOUR GAME DATA NOT YOUR SAVE FILE.

Step 3: Install and start Gaia manager (must be higher then ver. 1.03.1) highlight your MGS game on your hard drive and select patched mode with L1 this will fix ACT 4 and let you finish the game without the retail disc in.

Step 4: Start the game and install the data again.

after completing these steps you will be able to boot MGS4 with any backup manager as your game data will be patched.

Read more: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=16553#ixzz1D89rCPGE

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've been having this problem... can't even START that flashback scene because it will crash immediately. And the problem is, it even happens now when playing off my disc starting it normally.
frown.gif

I Guess I'll have to try out gaia then... was liking rogero's usability.

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
synce said:
I'm pretty sure you need 3.41 to use patch mode

That could be, i tougt this patching was all about the permission fix in multiMan.

@codezer0:

You are on 3.55?
Try to delete the game data in xmb and load the game with permission fix in MM, maybe it's working.

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
codezer0 said:
No. Still on 3.41 and using PS3Break dongle.

Been seriously considering going to 3.55 kmeaw... but still a bit leery about bricking my 60gig model.

Just update to OFW 3.55 and then to CFW 3.55 - there isn't a single report about a brick for this way.

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Just reached Act 4 and it played without any problems. This is on 3.55 kmeaw. While on Act 3, I deleted the Game Data and reinstalled. Not sure if this is required or not but did it anyway and it worked. Such an awesome game!!

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
weebwobb said:
UPDATE: Just reached Act 4 and it played without any problems. This is on 3.55 kmeaw. While on Act 3, I deleted the Game Data and reinstalled. Not sure if this is required or not but did it anyway and it worked. Such an awesome game!!

So you could play the MGS1 scene without any crash?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1