Gaming metal gear solid 3ds

klaww

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just started getting into the MGS franchise and i love them so far. i just beat MGS2 and dont have a ps3 to play the 4th so i was just wondering for those who've played the 3rd should i get it for ps2 now or wait for it to come out on 3ds? i havent heard any news on a release date for it yet but i expect to hear somethin at e3 just wantin info on if its got replay value to play ps2 and 3ds or if i should just wait it out.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It's a decently long game. I bet you'll be regretting your decision if you're still playing the PS2 version by the time the 3DS comes out. And the replay value is low. You'll already know the storyline, the strategies, and you'll be damn tired of sneaking.

FGoat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When i got my PS3 about 2 years ago, I decided to play through the whole series, as i'd played 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4 and needed a refresher. Probably the greatest idea i have ever had. had to borrow a friends ps2 for 3 but it was totally worth it. 3 is the best of the 4 main console versions. I have peace walker but the psp control system ruins the game, as will the 3ds's single analogue.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe it will be released around Christmas.
Graphically, I don't think it will be that much better than the PS2 version. Yes, I've seen this shitty comparison between fuzzy photo of the PS2 version and a sharp screenshot of the 3DS on-rails demo (no AI, no controls, nothing).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
FGoat said:
When i got my PS3 about 2 years ago, I decided to play through the whole series, as i'd played 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4 and needed a refresher. Probably the greatest idea i have ever had. had to borrow a friends ps2 for 3 but it was totally worth it. 3 is the best of the 4 main console versions. I have peace walker but the psp control system ruins the game, as will the 3ds's single analogue.
Er... does the PSP have a touchscreen?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
chris888222 said:
FGoat said:

>Touchscreen
>Implying that'll fix anything
>ChortlingBoy.gif

Seriously though, PW was great. Controls took some time to get used to, but the story and gameplay was awesome. A touchscreen won't help it.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
8BitWalugi said:
chris888222 said:
FGoat said:

>Touchscreen
>ChortlingBoy.gif

Seriously though, PW was great. Controls took some time to get used to, but the story and gameplay was awesome. A touchscreen won't help it.
Well, FGoat was stating that the 3DS's controls for MGS will also be bad due to it only having a single analog/analogue. However, the 3DS has a touchscreen which can replace the use of the 2nd analog if needed. Just saying.
smile.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
chris888222 said:
8BitWalugi said:
chris888222 said:
FGoat said:

>Touchscreen
>ChortlingBoy.gif

Well, FGoat was stating that the 3DS's controls for MGS will also be bad due to it only having a single analog/analogue. However, the 3DS has a touchscreen which can replace the use of the 2nd analog if needed. Just saying.
smile.gif
That would be terrible! MGS NEEDS buttons as well as an analogue!

FPS? THIS IS MGS!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
8BitWalugi said:
chris888222 said:
8BitWalugi said:
chris888222 said:
FGoat said:

>Touchscreen
>ChortlingBoy.gif

smile.gif
That would be terrible! MGS NEEDS buttons as well as an analogue!

FPS? THIS IS MGS!
LOL. The 3DS has buttons and an analogue. What for worry?

Besides (speaking of which), FPSes will also work fine on the 3DS thanks to the touch. I can't wait to see Conduit 3DS's controls.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pachura said:
I believe it will be released around Christmas.
Graphically, I don't think it will be that much better than the PS2 version. Yes, I've seen this shitty comparison between fuzzy photo of the PS2 version and a sharp screenshot of the 3DS on-rails demo (no AI, no controls, nothing).
Either you have eye sight problems or I don't know, I'm sorry but the 3DS's looks much much better over the PS2 one.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
IMO the 3DS has even better graphics than wii or xbox 360 without HD. Plus the MGS: SSE naked sample video should be really rave on the 3DS, everyone was astounded.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things that matter...

- Subsistence. If they don't release this as the Subsistence version then they're fucking stupid. I may as well buy Subsistence which has more content and better controls for less money. If you dare bring out the portability argument for MGS3 then you're a complete retard. There's nothing terribly portable about long cutscene sessions (skippable, I do believe, but that'll completely ruin the point of playing the game).
- Controls. I already, from my brief time into MGS3 (I bought it a while ago but haven't had much time to play it), found the controls to be a bit of the nuisance. I don't see it being any easier with one less analog stick and two less bumpers.
- Significant change. If they make this control like Peace Walker then it'd easily be a day one purchase for me. Peace Walker controlled pretty well for its limitations and can probably solve a lot of the issues that I can see this facing.

But at this point, MGS3D is probably my only draw for the system, and if I find previews not really filling out my expectations, then the system will be completely ruined for me.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Midna said:
It's a decently long game. I bet you'll be regretting your decision if you're still playing the PS2 version by the time the 3DS comes out. And the replay value is low. You'll already know the storyline, the strategies, and you'll be damn tired of sneaking.

1) You can beat it in about 20 hours first time through

2) It has "new game plus" content which may entice him into replaying, or he may just want to replay it because it's a fucking awesome game and there are dozens of ways to torture guards and multiple ways to play the game. And if he gets tired of sneaking, Big Boss has a backpack full of guns and a shitload of ammo.

Subsistence is the definitive edition.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
dropper said:
3DS has given me a chance to play games that I really should have completed years ago, this includes Metal Gear Solid 3 and Zelda Ocarina of Time!

Oh and and a chance to re-play Cave Story! I hope they leave in a 2d mode though!
you can always 2d-nize a 3ds game :|
so, why hope for lesser contents and features?!?

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
PettingZoo said:
chris888222 said:
IMO the 3DS has even better graphics than wii or xbox 360 without HD.

You don't know what you're talking about do you?
At standard definition I mean. HD 1080p is clearly better though

you still don't know what you're talking about, also there are very few console games (furthermore on the 360) that output a resolution of 1080p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s