Metal Gear Solid 2 And Castlevania might be coming for the 3DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Feels Good Man, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada

2. benno300

Member benno300 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Nice the 3ds' games line up is getting better and better!

3. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    I'd love to see some Castelvania coming to the 3DS

This isn't a confirmation of any sort.

4. benno300

Member benno300 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Agreed sorry all the games coming to the 3ds just makes me very happy [​IMG]

5. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    Seeing MGS2 as well as the already upcoming 3 would just be plain awesome

6. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    They should have release that first. Not go backwards. [​IMG]

7. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Castlevania is more or less guaranteed. Besides the minor update systems (GBC and DSi), every portable Nintendo system has had three or more Castlevanias. In fact, three seems the magical number-

GB- Castlevania The Adventure, Castlevania Belmont's Revenge, and Castlevania Legends
    GBA- Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow
    DS- Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclesia

Konami and IGA loves Nintendo handhelds for portable Metroidvanias. It's only a matter of time in my opinion. Most fans probably know there's a certain game from a special year (1999) that they've been teasing for quite a while. [​IMG]

I think the existence of MGS2 on 3DS will largely depend on Snake Eater 3D sales. And so far, it's looking like a lazy port (though maybe it will get better and people won't even care).

8. BrightNeko

Member BrightNeko Popcorn ball

United States
    With the over head view used in 2 along with a few of the weapons it being on 3DS would be pretty cool. Plus it being on 3DS means a sexy graphical update ^^ would be nice to get those unfamiliar with the series a nice clue into who raiden is for metal gear rising. (Even if MGS2 is really the "omg shit just got real" of the series)

9. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Yeah. Hopefully they're metroidvania's and in the same caliber as SOTN, AoS and DoS and im pretty sure that is guaranteed as well. Hopefully they stick to 2D though and not go the way of Rondo of Blood.

10. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    I say they should get MGS 2 on 3DS, it'll be good for people like me [​IMG] who haven't played MGS 2.

Castlevania on the other hand....comes on every Nintendo hand-held so nothing new there.

How about getting Capcom to bring DMC 4 or the new DMC to 3DS? Now that will spice things up.

11. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Rather see Twin Snakes instead, they can stop after that unless they can make the story at most 5% of the game.

Castlevania...not too sure, I hope they can bring something new to the Metroidvania genre. As much as I enjoyed Ecclesia the most on the DS its all a bit "been there done that" as far as I'm concerned.

12. Paarish

United Kingdom
    well MGS3 is a prequel so, story-wise, it doesn't really matter

13. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    God, I love the Castlevania titles. I couldn't get enough of the GBA titles, and Dawn of Sorrow and OoE were amazing. (I never got Portrait of Ruin, but I might now!) I really do hope we get a Castlevania title, and I hope it's a 2D sidescroller. I wouldn't mind if they tried a "from the ground up" 3D title too, as long as they give us a 2D one.

Still don't know enough about MGS to care too much, but I guess it'd be cool to have MSG2 if enough fans want it.

14. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I'm not overly concerned about the MGS series, I always had way too much trouble following what was going on or why I should care. But I'd love to see new Castlevania games. With the exception of the two N64 games, I don't recall there ever being a bad game in the series. They've all been pretty kick-ass in their own way. Something like the DS games but with boss battles making use of the 3D effects would be epic. Just don't make it an actual 3D game. The PS2 games were ok, the recent 360/PS3 game wasn't bad, but overall the series has a wanky track record when it comes to 3D.

You know, the whole 3D thing is getting rather confusing. I mean 3D like GTA Vice City as opposed to the 2D of the original. But it's not always clear 'cause I could be referring to the 3D effects or a 3D game. We should really come up with a new term.

15. Paarish

United Kingdom
    stereoscopic 3D is the technical term I believe. So "S3D"?

16. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    ah wonderful confirmation for castlevania although as granny (lol) said, every handheld has had it but what he didnt add is tht every game is/has always been good. even my friend hated all the games on the ds but castlevania he "liked" it.
    mgs well cant say much bcz i never finished any game but i definitely feel the lack of mgs gba games and ds games will be sufficed for on the 3ds. infact i remember hadrian saying its all up to the producer (developer or someone) and i guess these graphics have made it feasible. its all about the graphics for mgs.

17. skateboard34

Newcomer skateboard34 Member

United States
    Ooh, Metal Gear Solid in 3D would be awesome. Just a rumor though, but I'm hopeful.

18. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I love the portable Castlevania games for the DS, and the GBA ones as well, but honestly rather then remakes of those games, I would rather have a brand new one.

As for Metal Gear Solid 2, I think Konami will wait to see how Snake Eater sells on the 3DS before making any moves, I wouldn't anticipate them rushing into making a game for a console if Snake Eater didn't sell well to justify doing MGS2.

19. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I don't care if you call it milking or otherwise, I really want MGS 2 on the 3DS. It's my favorite MGS game.

20. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Considering how poorly it looks like they're handling MGS3D, I can't really hope for a MGS2 port. It's a great game but it's also coming in the HD Collection and I doubt they'll offer any content that makes it worth owning over the HD version (which looks better and includes 2 other games).

Castlevania though, if they stick to the 2D view (maybe mix some things up, but still keep it basically as a 2D open world) is more than welcome. One could hope for a new 2D Vita game as well since the PSP only got a remake of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night via emulation.