prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
okay.
animation1504yb.gif
ASDFGHJKL; METAL GEAR SOLID VANQUISINGETTA.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so were the stealth ?
Fail trolling again I see Valwin.

Risings subtitle is Lightning Bolt Action instead of the usual Tactical Espionage Action

by now you shuld know i dont troll also why ryden i hate him since he was almost nude in that one game

Actually he was completely nude in 2, just covering his privates with his hands. Also, read the whole thread, this isn't a Metal Gear or a Metal Gear Solid game, it's a new sub-series.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But I really like the stealth aspect of MGS...this looks more like a hack-and-slash, which has never really appealed to me. I'll just have to see how the reviews go once the game is actually released.
Me neither, but as Kojima said...

“If somebody thinks ‘I love Snake’ and just really wants traditional stealth gameplay and that experience, then it may be hard to get into Rising but for people who are more open and willing to try new things, it shouldn’t be a problem. Raiden in MGS 4 was received very well, and I wanted to keep going with that direction in Rising. The people who liked him in 4 will like him in this, but it’s a personal preference”
Like I said, I'll have to see how the actual game is once it's released. I'm not hating on it, but I'm not all that excited for it either.

[title:Off-Topic]I would be a lot more excited if a complete overhaul of the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 was in the works. MG was one of my favorite games on the NES back in the 80's when I was a wee lad, but I never played MG2. I had Snake's Revenge, but that doesn't count. I tried to play MG1&2 on MGS3: Subsistence and I couldn't get into it. It's just too dated now, even for a nostalgia lover like myself.

*EDIT*
Just thought of something random...since Naked Snake and Solid Snake have both been voice acted by the same guy, and Solid Snake faces off against Naked Snake (as Big Boss) in MG1, I wonder what a dialogue between the two would sound like :blink:

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, here's what will happen:

1) Play game - totally plays like Bayonetta but with added dismembering system, which looks cool
2) Dismember shit like a madman for the first 2 hours of gaming
3) Get bored of that, and stop doing it
4) Rising without dismembering = Bayonetta 2

The old trailer was a LOT more awesomer. The control system was also cooler. And the game felt different from Bayonetta/Prototype.

I mean, look at the dashing thing. Totally looks and FEELS like Prototype.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The coolest parts were from the in game video sequences. This is NOT a good thing. This tells me it's going to be a quick time even fest or one of those games where you set something up and the game takes over... This is not what makes a game fun.

And I agree with whoever compared it to Bayonetta and Prototype, it's exactly what it looks like.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The coolest parts were from the in game video sequences. This is NOT a good thing. This tells me it's going to be a quick time even fest or one of those games where you set something up and the game takes over... This is not what makes a game fun.

And I agree with whoever compared it to Bayonetta and Prototype, it's exactly what it looks like.

Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain are one massive QTE and SOMEHOW people enjoy those games. QTE's can be done the right way and the wrong way, their presence doesn't mean the game will be bad.

All I see in this trailer is "walking around" and "using a sword". If anything, it looks very much like an old school brawler done in 3D.

The game shares Baynonetta's and Prototype's genre, why wouldn't it be similar? And how is that a bad thing, both games are pretty rad.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain are one massive QTE and SOMEHOW people enjoy those games. QTE's can be done the right way and the wrong way, their presence doesn't mean the game will be bad.
Heavy Rain was awesome. But that was because the game was realistic and immersive.

I doubt I can immerse myself in a game where I'm a steel-butted cyborg ninja with an uber-blade.

The game shares Baynonetta's and Prototype's genre, why wouldn't it be similar? And how is that a bad thing, both games are pretty rad.
That's a bad thing because the game felt different and innovative before being reduced to a copy of those two games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Heavy Rain was totally awesome. But that was because the game was realistic and immersive.

I doubt I can immerse myself in a game where I'm a steel-butted cyborg ninja with an uber-blade.

That's a bad thing because the game felt different and innovative before being reduced to a copy of those two games.

Seriously? C'mon - there is ONE thing the previous trailer showed. Cutting fruit. If you want to cut fruit, play Fruit Ninja. Other then a few movie sequences and chopping watermelons, we knew nothing of the game and saw no gameplay whatsoever - I'm pretty sure those features are still in the game, we just have a piece of actual gameplay to go-by now.

As far as the Cyber Ninja concept is concerned, all I have to say is: "Grey Fox was awesome when resurrected, I'm pretty sure that Raiden will have the same traits. In fact, I think THIS Raiden is BETTER than the p*ssy from MGS2".

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Heavy Rain was totally awesome. But that was because the game was realistic and immersive.

Seriously? C'mon - there is ONE thing the previous trailer showed. Cutting fruit. If you want to cut fruit, play Fruit Ninja. Other then a few movie sequences and chopping watermelons, we knew nothing of the game and saw no gameplay whatsoever - I'm pretty sure those features are still in the game, we just have a piece of actual gameplay to go-by now.

As far as the Cyber Ninja concept is concerned, all I have to say is: "Grey Fox was awesome when resurrected, I'm pretty sure that Raiden will have the same traits. In fact, I think THIS Raiden is BETTER than the p*ssy from MGS2".
Nope, it showed far more. It showed cutting soldiers ENTIRELY, not hitting them Bayonetta-style and then finishing them off with a FINISHER. And you could also cut enviroments.

And the "Cut at Will" system was awesome.

It's not like I dislike the Cyber Ninja thing. I like it, it's just that if it's a QTE game, I'm not gonna like it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm assuming that making each enemy "cuttable" with one swing would make the game far too easy, so only certain combinations actually "cut them". That, and I can't see why cutting the envioriment would be "cut out" (see what I did thar?) - it was the basis for the game in the first place. Do notice though, cutting was limited to pillars and minor objects in-game, it's not like you'd be able to cut your way past the map boundries.

It's essentially the same game and I choose to pass mu judgement once I actually play it. I'm optimistic though.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm assuming that making each enemy "cuttable" with one swing would make the game far too easy, so only certain combinations actually "cut them". That, and I can't see why cutting the envioriment would be "cut out" (see what I did thar?) - it was the basis for the game in the first place. Do notice though, cutting was limited to pillars and minor objects in-game, it's not like you'd be able to cut your way past the map boundries.

It's essentially the same game and I choose to pass mu judgement once I actually play it. I'm optimistic though.
Yeah, that's a shame, I know. I'd have loved a game where I dashed thru entire armies just cutting them off. I guess that the bigger stuff (like the other cyborg/robot in the beginning of the trailer) would've been harder to kill, anyway. Sure, I wouldn't ever expect a game to do THAT much, but cutting enviroments would've been fun nonetheless and maybe also a nice gaming element, if you could kill enemies under falling buildings or stuff.

Fine, I'll wait for the game too before expressing myself on it again. I hope it'll be good, I really like the idea of cutting stuff with an energy Katana. I just hope they get it right :P

D

Deleted User

Please tell me I'm not the only one who was captivated by the trailer until "revengeance" came on screen. That made me bust out laughing.

It did make me laugh, although it shouldn't - it's an actual word.
According to most credible dictionaries (and my spell check), "revengeance" is not a word.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/revengeance
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Revengeance

And for the LULZ

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=revengeance

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, as I was replaying the MGS games the last few days (Got the HD Collection about a week ago) it crossed my mind that 'Solid' should be omitted from the title - it's not a game about Solid Snake or any other Snake (unless you count Raiden's apparent codename until about 30 seconds into the opening of his MGS2 chapter), and it's certainly not the kind of stealth-action game the other MGS games were. Good to see I wasn't the only one thinking the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple