Gaming Metal gear + 3DS = Sony fanboys pissed

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, so everybody here knows that the 3DS has better specs than the PSP, right guys? Too bad people at the playstation forum doesn't. Or don't want to believe in it. Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear series, decided to make a MGS game for the 3DS, called Metal Gear Solid 3D. A demo, called "The naked sample", was showed at Nintendo's conference in E3. People in the PS forums didn't get any happy with it.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Metal-G...T/td-p/45783868

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Metal-G...e/td-p/45775300

Why do they believe that Metal Gear is a PS-Only franchise, I'll never know. MG 1 and 2 were made for the MSX, with NES ports. MGS was released for PSX, PC and Dreamcast, with a remake to the GCN (which got a 8.7 by 478 GameFaqs users). MGS2 was released for the PC, XBOX and PS2. MGS3 was, indeed, sony exclusive, until now, it seems (Even though there hasn't a word from Konami if this is going to be an actual MGS3 port or remake, but the demo from E3 clearly showed a part from MGS3.) MGS4 was PS3-exclusive too, and X360 Fans still believe there is going to be a MGS4 port for the X360. (The chances of that happening are very low, but I won't say it's impossible.) I really hope this MGS3DS kicks ass and owns those Sony fanboys.

Many people around have said that, but it seems Sony fanboys are deaf. Hideo Kojima works for Konami, not Sony. And the 3DS has enough specs to port MGS3.

Anyways, for the X360 users that want a MGS4 without having to buy a PS3...

mgs4x360.png

Here it is.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's hilarious, I don't mind people who play any system, but if they want to fan boy rage then I couldn't care less about them. But I do love the crying actually... So maby I do care a little. Hahaha

EDIT: I like MGS for 360 LOL "Please swap to disk 12 to continue"

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MGS was never on Dreamcast, that was a special version of Bleemcast that allowed you to play the PSX game on Dreamcast.

Also:
QUOTE said:
“We’re going to see what people think and feel (concerning the 3DS demo). What [Kojima] is going to do, is decide the right direction. This was more of a 3D depth presentation. The real game won’t be like that. Your eyes get tired.” - Kojima Productions statement

At the moment there isn't a game.

Anyway fanboy hatred is just odd to me, they get enough as it it, they get all new games and so far we are shown a port of MGS3.

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
MGS was never on Dreamcast, that was a special version of Bleemcast that allowed you to play the PSX game on Dreamcast.

The fact that MGS could be played on dreamcast can piss a MGS-Sony fanboy, believe me.

And,

QUOTE“We’re going to see what people think and feel (concerning the 3DS demo). What [Kojima] is going to do, is decide the right direction. This was more of a 3D depth presentation. The real game won’t be like that. Your eyes get tired.” - Kojima Productions statement

At the moment there isn't a game.

You're correct. However, Nintendo announced it in E3 as one of the 3DS games, but, of course, Konami could cancell it anytime or simply correct nintendo.

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
I cant tell if this is a blatant trolling topic or just a nintedo fanboy ranting

Not sure about you, but I can tell you clearly didn't understand the topic's main theme.

Sappoide

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think that's a great news, sure better graphics, 3D effects but it is always MGS3 after all, and I think that everyone who had a PS2 gave it a shot years ago. Anyway I'm happy that now we can play it on a Nintendo handheld console.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The entire thing about "MGS4 won't ever fit on 360" is bullcrap.

The game itself is quite mediocre (60FPS are pretty much a mirage the entire time), and I'm pretty sure that with some compression it'd easily fit on 2 DVD-DLs.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:

The game itself is quite mediocre (60FPS are pretty much a mirage the entire time), and I'm pretty sure that with some compression it'd easily fit on 2 DVD-DLs.
metal gear solid is for nigtendo, it was on new, snes, gameboy, gamecube, & psone gets it & not they think they own it? now it finally returning to Nintendo, hopefully we see it on a tv console too.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:

That depends on how many assets must be available, no matter which disc you are playing from, which leads to having to duplicate certain assets to each disc. Final Fantasy VII, for example, fits on 3 PSX CDs, yet the only real difference between each disc is the movies. The game data itself fits on a single CD with room to spare, but because of the inclusion of movie cutscenes, in order to have all those movies work in progression, all the game data is duplicated to each disk (some movies are duplicated as well if they are transition clips), and then, in progression with the game's story, the movies are placed onto each disk. The final movie clip has no reason to be on the first disk, just like the opening clip has no reason to be on the last disk.

While development has improved since then, certain assets still have to always be available, and those are duplicated, whereas scene-specific data can be isolated onto a single disk.

Sorry for my long explanation, but imo, MGS4 could not fit onto 2 DVDs, even if they were DL because of my explanation.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DiscostewSM said:
raulpica said:

That depends on how many assets must be available, no matter which disc you are playing from, which leads to having to duplicate certain assets to each disc. Final Fantasy VII, for example, fits on 3 PSX CDs, yet the only real difference between each disc is the movies. The game data itself fits on a single CD with room to spare, but because of the inclusion of movie cutscenes, in order to have all those movies work in progression, all the game data is duplicated to each disk (some movies are duplicated as well if they are transition clips), and then, in progression with the game's story, the movies are placed onto each disk. The final movie clip has no reason to be on the first disk, just like the opening clip has no reason to be on the last disk.

While development has improved since then, certain assets still have to always be available, and those are duplicated, whereas scene-specific data can be isolated onto a single disk.

Sorry for my long explanation, but imo, MGS4 could not fit onto 2 DVDs, even if they were DL because of my explanation.
And that's why modern consoles have an Hard Drive, nowadays. You install the common assets on the HD, and the rest loads from DVD.

I still stand by my point, it's technically possible. Even FFXIII showed that (and imho, that didn't even require an install for common assets). You just lower a bit the resolution, compress the audio a bit more, and et-voilà.

I'm pretty sure that for the game to weigh 31GBs, most of the video/audio has been left uncompressed.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
You have to be consirerate of who's playing. I think a majority of gamers never even owned a NES or SNES. The 1st console for alot of those Sony titty babies was a PS1.

But I doubt they'd still bitch about MGS being on 3DS if they had a 3DS and MGS in their hands.

I mean, I wouldn't care much about brand loyalty myself if I had a 3 fucking D game in front of my face.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares what system the games are on? They're balls to the wall awesome.

Also, fanboys are always stupid and annoying, no matter what they're fanatically supporting.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
sony fanboys are the worst, i don't really care what consoles they release there games on since i have them all, whats the point in being a fanboy in terms of handhelds anyway, there not that expensive and there are only two.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What Midna said.

Also, some of the first Metal Gear games were on the GBC. Sony fanboys have just been spoiled for the last couple of years and now they falsely think Metal Gear is a franchise they own.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES
metal_gear_boxfront.jpg

NES-E2-USA-REV-A.jpg

GBC
gbc_mgs.jpg

GCN
MGSTTSbox-l.jpg

The Metal Gear series has deep ties with Nintendo. That's where it hit big.
Solid Snake even appeared in Brawl, showing that Nintendo owns his ass.

As far as I'm concerned, Sony is trying to steal MGS from us, we should be the angry ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game