Messengers from Facebook notification confused

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a private. When someone sent message to my Messenger and I don't want his or her name appear on my iPhone screen. Just like this:

Messenger

Notification.

No names and no message. How ? There are three lists and I am confused. Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners. I don't want no names on my pop up screen. Just "Messenger - notification" like this:

Unknown.jpeg

I found it form goole search image.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
This happens when you have a notification persisting, and restarted your phone. I assume it has something to do with your passcode settings, since that's what turns the notifications back to normal.

EDIT: Go to face ID/passcode>input your code, scroll to Allow Access When Locked>Notification Center?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are confused. I am talking about this picture that I want. I don't want notification appear on my screen with names and messages. Just "Notification" appear on my screen because when I used passcode. I left my phone on the table and don't want someone look at my screen with names and messages appears to them. I prefer "Notification" like this picture. Sorry for my English confusion.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So, from this: image0 (1).png

To this?: rvYWNYk.png

Settings>Notifications>Show Previews>Only When Unlocked

Afaik it's universal, so it won't just be for facebook. I think you have to commit to it being that way for all of your apps.

EDIT: You can customize it, per the post below it seems.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to Settings App

Tap Notifications:
1.png

Tap on the App you want to modify:
2.png

Tap Show Preview:
3.png
Tap on the setting you want:
4.png

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Chary

Boreand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have to change this option from your phone settings. In the notification section there has to be the possibility to hide the content of the received messages. I did it this way, and it worked for me. I used to manage my Facebook business page, and there were lots of messages and notifications. Also, I bought some accounts accfarm.com to make it work better. Even though it was easy to switch them in the messenger app, I couldn't handle the number of conversations. Anyway, I hope you'll solve your issue. Just let me know if it works.

Last edited by Boreand,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol