Messed up settings in SD2Vita, homebrew gone, help!

Vitacrasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone! I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of topic as this is my first entry to the forum, but I have an issue that I can't seem to be able to fix by myself.

I have a modded psvita 1004 with henkaku installed, enzo and the molecular shell. I installed SD2Vita via tutorial, and it worked fine, but now I did a big oopsie and messed around with the settings a little too much. In the SD2Vita plugin settings, I did the following: There are two entries set for the vita memory card and the ux0 storage that is the SD card. Well... because I wanted to connect to the ux0 via USB (I have a bunch of dumped roms from my PSP and I wanted to load them into adrenaline), I swapped those two around.

The following was the result: PS Vita boots with the molecular shell logo showing up. Afterwards, it asks me to update my system or format my SD (did none of that), and now, when I boot it up, all my homebrew bubbles are gone. I did copy everything from the Memory card onto the sd, and before I even did that, installed all things homebrew onto the memory card, but now its all gone, and I'm trying to revert everything, with no success. I tried installing henkaku again via website, but it keeps dropping the C2-12828-1 error. HenKaku settings still show up in my settings. Does anyone know how I can revert back to normal? Plus, why does this option even exist in the first place if it messes your vita up like that? I know I'm a dumdum for trying it, but curiosity got the better of me. Any help is highly appreciated.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of topic as this is my first entry to the forum, but I have an issue that I can't seem to be able to fix by myself.

I have a modded psvita 1004 with henkaku installed, enzo and the molecular shell. I installed SD2Vita via tutorial, and it worked fine, but now I did a big oopsie and messed around with the settings a little too much. In the SD2Vita plugin settings, I did the following: There are two entries set for the vita memory card and the ux0 storage that is the SD card. Well... because I wanted to connect to the ux0 via USB (I have a bunch of dumped roms from my PSP and I wanted to load them into adrenaline), I swapped those two around.

The following was the result: PS Vita boots with the molecular shell logo showing up. Afterwards, it asks me to update my system or format my SD (did none of that), and now, when I boot it up, all my homebrew bubbles are gone. I did copy everything from the Memory card onto the sd, and before I even did that, installed all things homebrew onto the memory card, but now its all gone, and I'm trying to revert everything, with no success. I tried installing henkaku again via website, but it keeps dropping the C2-12828-1 error. HenKaku settings still show up in my settings. Does anyone know how I can revert back to normal? Plus, why does this option even exist in the first place if it messes your vita up like that? I know I'm a dumdum for trying it, but curiosity got the better of me. Any help is highly appreciated.
If you are still able to install VPK's try this out

https://github.com/theheroGAC/Mod-My-vita/releases
Mod-My-vita its a simple tool that does all the work for you should take minutes to fix everything

Vitacrasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are still able to install VPK's try this out

*Link removed due to the spam restriction preventing me from posting this*
Mod-My-vita its a simple tool that does all the work for you should take minutes to fix everything
Thanks a lot, but sadly, I couldn't install any other VPK, but I was able to save it. What I did was: Factory reset via settings, format my ssd, and do the whole modding process again. While installing enzo, it said that the previous installation got corrupted, because the checksum didn't match. A final reinstall saved the console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your issue was the id.dat. that's the file that forces a format. You tried using a higher firmware (spoof counts) on lower firmware. The id.dat records the firmware version. You didn't have to go through that headache, all you had to do was delete the id.dat and restart.

Vitacrasher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But the problem was that I didn't have access to the filesystem anymore. The only thing that remained were the HenKaku settings, everything else was gone. I couldn't even use my Memory card anymore. Was this really the easier approach?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over