Messed up my ribbon cable from top screen - NDSL

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by koohiisan, Mar 11, 2010.

1. koohiisan

Newcomer koohiisan Member

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    I know there are some good tutorials out there for replacing the top screen in my DS Lite, but I seem to be having an issue with routing the ribbon cable from the top screen through the hinge. I put some nasty folds in it and it was glitchy for a long time. I tried redoing it and now it is non-functional. I've got a new screen on the way, and I'd like to not hose this one when I put it in.

I checked the sticky article in this forum in regards to the reassembly instructions. The photo just isn't doing it for me--I don't get the exact way that the cable should lay, or whether or not I put the metal sleeve in too far or not enough. Mind you, I can get the cable *through* the hinge just fine...but the way it lays is not flat at all--it's kind of folded a bit. When I connect it to the lower pcb it ends up twisting around.

Anybody got a reference photo I could look at, or some ideas for me? Thanks!!
  2. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

Aug 27, 2009
    The Promised Land...
    United States
    Well It's always a hassle.....

I have a DSi and it's worse because now instead of passing one ribbon, I have to pass TWO ribbons, the screen and the cameras, at-the-same-time!

Anyway I always roll them and try to gently push them trough the hole"s"