Messed up my ribbon cable from top screen - NDSL

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by koohiisan, Mar 11, 2010.

1. koohiisan
    OP

koohiisan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    I know there are some good tutorials out there for replacing the top screen in my DS Lite, but I seem to be having an issue with routing the ribbon cable from the top screen through the hinge. I put some nasty folds in it and it was glitchy for a long time. I tried redoing it and now it is non-functional. I've got a new screen on the way, and I'd like to not hose this one when I put it in.

I checked the sticky article in this forum in regards to the reassembly instructions. The photo just isn't doing it for me--I don't get the exact way that the cable should lay, or whether or not I put the metal sleeve in too far or not enough. Mind you, I can get the cable *through* the hinge just fine...but the way it lays is not flat at all--it's kind of folded a bit. When I connect it to the lower pcb it ends up twisting around.

Anybody got a reference photo I could look at, or some ideas for me? Thanks!!

2. BlackDave

BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    Well It's always a hassle.....

I have a DSi and it's worse because now instead of passing one ribbon, I have to pass TWO ribbons, the screen and the cameras, at-the-same-time!

Anyway I always roll them and try to gently push them trough the hole"s"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice