Hacking Messed up my DSiWare downgrade

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried system transferring my a9lh n3ds with Fieldrunners and the public.sav to a vanilla n3ds. I accidentally deleted the source system's content...I know, -___- I done goofed. Anyway, the only thing that transferred was my NNID, but I could re-download digital games. I re-downloaded Fieldtrunners on my vanilla 3ds and started following this troubleshooting part of the guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting#ts_dsiware

I've done step 1. Step 2 says to do this, DSiWare Downgrade - Section III - Installing the save on 3ds #1. But this means I'd have to buy Fieldrunners again in order to copy the save over. Is there any other way for me to not have to buy fieldrunners again? It seems my only other option is to wait a week to system transfer vanilla n3ds > a9lh n3ds, wait another week to try the DSiWare downgrade, then wait another week to put the NNID back to the a9lh n3ds. Anyone ever deal with this?

Last edited by Sakurika,

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make a NAND backup? If yes, restore it.

That'll give you back your NNID which will allow you to get Feildrunners for free.

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to get fieldrunners back on my n3ds with my NAND backup. My only issue now is copying over the hacked save from 3DS #1 to 3DS #2. I switched my 3ds sd card's after copying since I my Nintendo 3DS folder is too big too copy over to my microSD card on 3DS #2.

Last edited by Sakurika,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been able to get fieldrunners back on my n3ds with my NAND backup. My only issue now is copying over the hacked save from 3DS #1 to 3DS #2. I switched my 3ds sd card's after copying since I my Nintendo 3DS folder is too big too copy over to my microSD card on 3DS #2.

Since restoring the NAND gives you the same ID for the apps you already have in 3DS #2, you can easily install the hacked save putting the SD card in #1 and put it back into #2. It will work because both share the same folder inside Nintendo 3DS, because of the transfer.

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since restoring the NAND gives you the same ID for the apps you already have in 3DS #2, you can easily install the hacked save putting the SD card in #1 and put it back into #2. It will work because both share the same folder inside Nintendo 3DS, because of the transfer.
Yeah, I've been trying that but the hacked save just won't show up. It's only showing the normal game save. :/ Guess I really screwed up.
Here's what I've been doing all along.

1. On 3DS #1, I go to System Settings > Data Management > DSiWare > microSD > Fieldrunners > then I press copy and it's overwritten.
2. I turn off 3DS #1 and put the microSD card from 3DS #1 to 3DS #2.
3. On 3DS #2 I go to System Settings > Data Management > DSiWare > microSD > Fieldrunners > then I press copy and it's overwritten (it says the data's been copied to System Memory).
4. I turn off 3DS #2 and switch the microSD cards back to normal. Then, I turn 3DS #2 back on, open Fieldrunners and go to scores. The game runs a normal save, not a hacked one.

I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what exactly.

Last edited by Sakurika,

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I don't have to wait a week! Here's what worked for me. I had to restore NAND.bin on 3ds #1. Then re-inject the public.sav. So I launched FBI on 3ds#1 went to SD > copy public.sav > went back to TWL NAND > title > 00030004 > 4b464445 > data. Then I deleted the data folder, created a new one, and copied the public.sav there. Next, I went to System Settings > Data Management > DSiWare > System Memory > then copied Fieldrunners to my microSD card. I put the microSD card from 3ds#1 to 3ds #2, went back to System Settings > Data Management > DSiWare > microSD and copied Fieldrunners again. Placed 3ds #1 and #2's microSD card back to normal than I opened Fieldrunners on 3DS #2. The exploit then worked on my vanilla n3ds! I was just doing it wrong before. Thanks for all your help. :3

Last edited by Sakurika,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"