Hacking Messed up at the finish line.

ISSO1407

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, i tried to install cfw on an old 2ds and everything went fine up until the last step. I followed the frogminer guide but the very last thing i probably should have done is (Once you completed the Finalizing Setup, you can launch Frogtool from Homebrew Launcher and select "RESTORE clean DS Download Play" to restore Download Play functionality) . I missed that click and powered off the 2ds. Now my homebrew launcher wont start anymore, steel diver always crashes with the An exception has occured message. Does anyone know how i could fix that? I can start Rosalina and go into Luma configs or god mode and stuff like that i just cant start the hbl.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you have a version of Luma with Rosalina, you can't use Ninjhax2 and ports ("*hax") - that is well documented in Luma's github

You can run the HBL, if you really want to use it, using Rosalina's method (open an app like Download Play, open Rosalina's menu with L+down+select, use the "switch hb launcher to current title" and "save" options, close and reopen download play)

You can also use FBI to uninstall the DS Download Play dsiware (it will be near the end of the titles list, in purple like any DSiware) and update your console to get the newest original version back

ISSO1407

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have a version of Luma with Rosalina, you can't use Ninjhax2 and ports ("*hax") - that is well documented in Luma's github

You can run the HBL, if you really want to use it, using Rosalina's method (open an app like Download Play, open Rosalina's menu with L+down+select, use the "switch hb launcher to current title" and "save" options, close and reopen download play)

You can also use FBI to uninstall the DS Download Play dsiware (it will be near the end of the titles list, in purple like any DSiware) and update your console to get the newest original version back

So it is supposed to not start the hbl anymore? Im really confused right now. FBI is working and i guess i could install homebrew .cia files with it, didnt try so far. switch hb launcher to current title didnt work, i tried that 3 times already it just keeps on opening the japanese flip notes but wont start the hbl.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So it is supposed to not start the hbl anymore?
Any method that you could have used while not having CFW (or having a CFW that's not Luma 8.0 or higher version) will not work on Luma 8.0+, correct

i tried that 3 times already it just keeps on opening the japanese flip notes but wont start the hbl.
Could it be the boot.3dsx file in the root of your SD is not the HBL's? (I'm not familiar with the new methods)

In any case most 3dsx homebrew is indeed available in (a generally technically superior) cia version

ISSO1407

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any method that you could have used while not having CFW (or having a CFW that's not Luma 8.0 or higher version) will not work on Luma 8.0+, correct

Could it be the boot.3dsx file in the root of your SD is not the HBL's? (I'm not familiar with the new methods)

In any case most 3dsx homebrew is indeed available in (a generally technically superior) cia version

The boot.3dsx is definitely there, i did re insert it twice now even though it never was gone. but i guess if it isnt supposed to work anymore on my luma 9.1 cfw thats why i cant acces it anymore through the steel diver game. Now i need some kind of cia or 3dsx file to test if fbi can install that stuff, thank you for the help.

Last edited by ISSO1407,

ISSO1407

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Hmm i just now realized after watching a video that im supposed to have a home screen luma auto update icon and another one for the hbl. I never got those, i only have the ones for fbi anemone and the save data thing, i guess i give up. I have no idea how to install anything without a functioning hbl. FBI also does not help, as far as i can tell its only a file manager.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm i just now realized after watching a video that im supposed to have a homescreen luma auto update icon and another one for the hbl. I never got those, i only have the ones for fbi anemone and the save data thing, i guess i give up. I have no idea how to install anything without a functioning hbl. FBI also does not help, as far as i can tell its only a file manager.
Those are all optional homebrews (Plailect's guide 3ds.cfw.guide includes all of them in the "finalizing setup" page which you could follow in its entirety, no problem repeating any already done steps, if you want)

FBI may have some file manager operations, but its main purposes are installing cias (by selecting them from the "SD" mode, or via network), uninstalling titles (in the Titles mode) and uninstalling tickets (in Tickets mode) - Godmode9 is a better file manager, just like JKSV and Checkpoint are better save managers

ISSO1407

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Those are all optional homebrews (Plailect's guide 3ds.cfw.guide includes all of them in the "finalizing setup" page which you could follow in its entirety, no problem repeating any already done steps, if you want)

FBI may have some file manager operations, but its main purposes are installing cias (by selecting them from the "SD" mode, or via network), uninstalling titles (in the Titles mode) and uninstalling tickets (in Tickets mode) - Godmode9 is a better file manager, just like JKSV and Checkpoint are better save managers
I fixed it now. Somehow the cias folder got deleted that had the luma updater and homebrewlauncher in it. I guess some of the automated cleaning steps in the guide i followed erased that.

Last edited by ISSO1407,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.