Merging USB-loader with Mediaplayer, etc...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Vattu, Aug 16, 2009.

Aug 16, 2009
  1. Vattu
    OP

Member Vattu GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    When I tried out "Configurable USB-Loader (+GUI)", I came across a feature that grouped together the user's favourite games to a separate list.

That gave me the idea to merge a good backup-loader with a good media player and possibly other applications (web radio, file browser, ftp...). Other "hacked" consoles (for example xbox1 with XBMC) are very handy, in such a way that the user doesn't need to quit a program to start another.

My setup is as follows:

Bootmii as boot2 and preloader with forwarder .dol to Conf. USB-loader on USB-harddrive. If I want to play any media (except random music) on my wii, I need to boot to the "regular" wii menu to start any homebrew media player for that purpose.

I'll start looking into source code for any two different application, trying to merge at least the user interface. Don't expect anything from me! at all

2. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    I think that the current USB Loader GX can load homebrew like the HBC does, so you could just set Preloader to boot USBloader GX automatically, and if you want music or something you would just load that homebrew app. Sust a suggestion, though, what you say would be real nice and could be done using waninkoko's 1.5 source and some media plaayer's source code. Good luck finding a coder that will do that [​IMG]

3. Vattu
    OP

Sweden
    thank you for your reply. the usb loader GX feature you mentioned is not what I'm trying to create. Hot-linking one application to another is not of interest.

I've decided what media player to go for. MPlayerCE. It seems to be the most developed media-player with samba, subs, wide-screen, playlist support. it was harder finding a good usb-loader, since most loaders have closed source. no way I'll look at waninkoko's old revisions.

I'll do the coding. don't think I'm a newbie, but don't expect anything either. This won't be more than an experiment, since I don't want any more forks from either backup loaders or media players.

4. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Well i think to create something where you can put other applications as modules or so makes much more sense (so that the apps are still seperate applications) well depending on how it´s done, at the end this would be pretty much like the HBC and i´m not sure if you know that but mplayerce already gets a new nice GUI (made with libwiigui)

5. Vattu
    OP

Sweden
    regarding the backup loader, I couldn't find source to "configurable usb-loader", and have no intentions to ask the coders about that. I found source code to usb loader GX, and that will be the choice for now. it surely has a good gui lib, to begin with [​IMG]

regarding the merging, the bugs are accumulating like those around old bananas.