Merge Windows C drive and Unallocated space

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,651
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
God i'm so fucking done with technology right now I shouldn't be up at 11PM trying to merge two simple partitions for god sake

I need a program that will merge my 2 partitions.
upload_2017-11-23_5-0-57.png

You might say this is easy right? And it should be, but every program requires the space be to the right of the system partition, which is not possible to do. I have a EFI partition and a system reserved partition that are set in stone.
Please help I just want some extra space I don't care if I have to boot into OpenBSD just I need this space.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
From what I see you may not be able to move the EFI partition and the other one at all.

2 options from there:

1- create a new partition from the unallocated space and call it a day (I would recommend this option)
2- wipe the entire HDD, install Windows from scratch, and you're set.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think you should be able to take the following actions:

Create a new blank partition at the beginning of the drive
Clone C: drive to the new empty partition
Wipe the old partitions
Increase free space on the newly cloned partition

Are you using Windows' built in tools? Perhaps something like MiniTool Partition Wizard would be able to automate the process for you slightly?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only way you can do it is to move the windows partition to the beginning of the drive, move the other two partitions to the end and then expand the windows partition.

I've used https://gparted.org/ in the past, but there are alternatives.

I wonder how you got in that state in the first place?

D

Deleted User

OP
I think you should be able to take the following actions:

Create a new blank partition at the beginning of the drive
Clone C: drive to the new empty partition
Wipe the old partitions
Increase free space on the newly cloned partition

Are you using Windows' built in tools? Perhaps something like MiniTool Partition Wizard would be able to automate the process for you slightly?
Can't even do this. That system reserved parttion can't be moved. Not even with something like GPARTED.

Yeah i'll just have to restore windows.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't even do this. That system reserved parttion can't be moved. Not even with something like GPARTED.

Yeah i'll just have to restore windows.
Well if you really really can't move those partitions (not even with a linux boot CD?), literally the only choice is to turn the empty space into a standalone partition. You can't combine partitions if there's something in between, not even by reinstalling Windows (and if a reinstall can somehow fix the partitions, a partition manager should also be able to).

D

Deleted User

OP
Well if you really really can't move those partitions (not even with a linux boot CD?), literally the only choice is to turn the empty space into a standalone partition. You can't combine partitions if there's something in between, not even by reinstalling Windows (and if a reinstall can somehow fix the partitions, a partition manager should also be able to).
No, i'm going to make a backup, wipe the drive, merge the partitions,, and then reinstall.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think Minitool partition wizard should be able to do so, it reboots the computer to free up all partitions. I'm pretty sure the free version works fine.

If you have a spare drive you could even clone it to there and back, it gives you the option to stretch or reposition partitions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: 80% is nintendrones