Hacking merge rar to make iso

oppopp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i downloaded a game (PES 2008) it came in ten parts all rars
inside the rar there is a folder containg an iso all the rars have the iso but all of the isos say there are 4.37gb

have i downloaded something bad or is there something i need to do

thnx in advance oppopp

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just extract the part00.rar and they all together will create a 4.37GB .iso, if you look in the winrar the file has or -> or

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People upload the files that way so the file size is smaller (I don't really see it sometimes) which is good for us downloaders because the download time is less.

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
People upload the files that way so the file size is smaller (I don't really see it sometimes) which is good for us downloaders because the download time is less.
That and they can upload them faster.

Like people said, just extract it from part 1 and it should take care of the rest.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
Use WinRAR to extract it, it should ask you to show it to the next part, unless the rars are all in the same folder.
Al of the rars are in the same folder, so what should I do?

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skyman747 said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:

Moreover, the standard procedure in the Wii Scene is to release a game in 50MB files. So, you'll for most games, you'll have to get around 90 50MB files if you want to be able to extract the ISO file. If you see a game that is divided into pieces larger than 50MB, it's probably a repack made by someone who didn't actually rip the game from the DVD.

SWORD21 said:
QUOTE(Diablo1123 @ Jan 3 2009, 11:57 PM)
Use WinRAR to extract it, it should ask you to show it to the next part, unless the rars are all in the same folder.

Right click any of them and "Extract here...". It should extract the ISO file into the folder with all the .rars. If you get any errors during the extracting process, try using the first .rar. I usually use whichever is closer the pointer at that time, but multiple-rar files are sometimes picky.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey R. said:
skyman747 said:
IOwnAndPwnU said:

Moreover, the standard procedure in the Wii Scene is to release a game in 50MB files. So, you'll for most games, you'll have to get around 90 50MB files if you want to be able to extract the ISO file. If you see a game that is divided into pieces larger than 50MB, it's probably a repack made by someone who didn't actually rip the game from the DVD.

SWORD21 said:
QUOTE(Diablo1123 @ Jan 3 2009, 11:57 PM)

Right click any of them and "Extract here...". It should extract the ISO file into the folder with all the .rars. If you get any errors during the extracting process, try using the first .rar. I usually use whichever is closer the pointer at that time, but multiple-rar files are sometimes picky.
It says it's either in an unknown format or damaged. Btw, I downloaded the dvd5 ssbb.

hom3land

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
than some of the files or maybe just 1 file is incomplete. This is why I like usenet. Pars would fix that quick!

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SWORD21 said:
It says it's either in an unknown format or damaged. Btw, I downloaded the dvd5 ssbb.

Have you tried extracting from the first .rar? You should also try double-clicking the first .rar file to open the compressed ISO, then try extracting from within the archive.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey R. said:
SWORD21 said:

Have you tried extracting from the first .rar? You should also try double-clicking the first .rar file to open the compressed ISO, then try extracting from within the archive.
Yeah, there's nothing.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're probably missing the remaining rars. The way I do it, using winrar, is just right click on any of the rar files and tell it to extract to folder. PES 2008 for the Wii should have

Number of Files: 101
Number of NFOs: 1
Number of .RARs: 89
Number of .PAR2s: 9
Number of .NZBs: 1
Number of of .SFVs: 1

so you need to get quite a few more files to get it to rebuild itself correctly, at least if you're using this version
Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2008_USA_WII-ZRY]

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if its showing as corrupt check that your using the latest version of Winrar to extract!

earlier versions will have trouble extracting archives mate with later versions of Winrar!

you can also find out if you have parts missing too install QUICK SFV LINK once install you can verify/check all the files in the archive by double left clicking on the file labelled gamewhatevername.sfv this will run a check on all your files and tell you if any are incomplete or broken...

that way you can redownload just the missing or broken parts if any without having to get them all again
smile.gif

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maduin said:
you're probably missing the remaining rars. The way I do it, using winrar, is just right click on any of the rar files and tell it to extract to folder. PES 2008 for the Wii should have

Number of Files: 101
Number of NFOs: 1
Number of .RARs: 89
Number of .PAR2s: 9
Number of .NZBs: 1
Number of of .SFVs: 1

so you need to get quite a few more files to get it to rebuild itself correctly, at least if you're using this version
Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2008_USA_WII-ZRY]
I'm doing the usa dvd5 ssbb, not that. Thanks though. Still can't get working. I got an ISO from another download, but when I load it in wiiscrubber, nothing appears and there's an error. And when I burned it, it didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended