Menus and games randomly freeze in M3 simply

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by doomtrain, Jan 12, 2007.

Jan 12, 2007
  1. doomtrain
    OP

Newcomer doomtrain Newbie

I'm having problems with my M3 Simply. I'm using a 2-gig A-Data card in FAT mode with an old DS. Sometimes the main menu will freeze or have graphical glitches, which are sometimes fixed by re-setting. Usually though, it will freeze at a different point or have garbled graphics in a different place. When I get into games, they will randomly freeze with the music still playing and the graphics not moving. Sometimes they refuse to load at all. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. krdvmus

Newcomer krdvmus Advanced Member

United States
    It may be your micro SD card.

Try another card.

3. Mystic-Homer

Member Mystic-Homer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Never heard of A-Data...

This case does indeed sound like a crappy microSD card... Go with a (genuine) Sandisk or Kingston maybe.

Maybe you can borrow one from someone you know before actually buying one? To test out whether it's the microSD or not.

4. doomtrain
    OP

Newcomer doomtrain Newbie

It isn't the card, I just tried it with a Kingston 512mb one. It also isn't the reader, because I used a corsair reader in addition to the bundled one, and neither worked. I've emailed M3 about it and hopefully they'll respond soon.

5. js0ul

Newcomer js0ul Member

You probably got a faulty M3 simply so you should refund to the shop you bought it from.