SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EDIT: DO NOT ASK STUPID QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ASKED SUCH AS "WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED?" OR "WILL IT RUN MY ROMZ!!??!11" Soul_Anger has answered these questions and does not want to answer them again. Read the thread before asking questions to make sure you are not asking a question which has been asked. Soul_anger has put a lot of work into MenuDO, if you dont think you'll like it - GO AWAY. Dont flame here. If you dont like that it doesnt run ROMs - GO AWAY. Dont flame here.

Soul_anger said if someone opend a topic to ask MenuDO questions, he would answer them, so here goes (feel free to add more questions and hopefully soul will come and answer them):

1. Does it load ROMs on YSMenu supported cards or not? I have been told that it has a YSMenu plugin, and I have also heard that if you want to load ROMs via YSMenu, you need to load YSMenu and then run the ROMs from there, so which is true?

2. Does it have a plugin system of any kind, allowing you to open files in external apps or anything?

3. Does it work on Max Media Dock? (I know, its crap, but I've been looking forward to MenuDO for a while, and if it can't run on my card, I'll be kinda disappointed...)

That's all for now. Thanks in advance for answering soul.

Soul - I apologize if this thread has caused you grief. Its a lot my fault and I am very sorry.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you please tell us which carts can load roms?
Is the XMB skin still there?
DPG4 support?
Will the music player have mp3 support?
Is it going to release this year?
How much space does the whole thing take up?

Posts merged

DPG4 support?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. What features does it have?
2. Do you think it was worth waiting for?
3. What could you do in it?
4. Why did it take so long you announced it on October something.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
rockstar99 said:
DPG4 support?

I'll ignore the first question.
Pretty sure it is.
If it doesn't work natively, we can assume it will work through moonshell.
Soulanger said that he will be adding MP3 support to the player back when he released the Tint.
Again, I'll ignore.
I've been told under 100mb, typically around 50mb.

EDIT: Gawd this is slow today D:

QUOTE(jakob95 @ Nov 9 2009, 02:48 PM) 1. What features does it have?

1. A lot... I can't say though. It's SoulAnger's job.
2. Hell yes.
3. What a silly question :/ let me rephrase it "What can't you do in it?"
4. It took a long time because of the amount of features.

Sorry for the lame answers by the way, I'm trying to answer without giving any information SoulAnger doesn't want to give, and without leaving him the fun ones. He gets sexual satisfaction from this sort of thing, so I gotta leave him some.
tongue.gif
Even if he is napping...

Let me tell you, MENUdo will blow any competition out the water. It's just awesome.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the rate information is released to the public, eventually MenuDo would be forgotten by everybody.
I'm starting to have doubts on menudo. any flashcart developer would never draw information from the public for this long.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, being a beta tester, and seeing what has been going on from the inside, I can safely say there is no need to doubt MENUdo or Soulanger. It has come a VERY long way since those videos you've seen
biggrin.gif

The main reason information was kept back was simply because SoulAnger didn't want to over-hype everybody, and allow certain less than pleasant members flame.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah I see I cant blame you guys. ^^

The reason i tried to stop posting informations was to lessen the hype.
I had the idea of that the less hype i would generate the better a user's first impression and experience will be. ^^"
Similar to reading a story, I felt that the informations are spoilers to the juicy plot twist.
unsure.gif

During the first betas, I already exceeded an amount of my tester's expectations on their first try.

Most of my testers really loved MENUdo from the start. Hence, they all got individual ideas of what a best OS would be. Most of the times when they suggest ideas, its already in MENUdo they just didnt know before they tried it. For a very ambitious project, I knew the fans would be very ambitious as well. But in the end all of those expectations exceeded. These guys are mercluke, and ShadowEO.

One of my tester who loved his PSP, heck he's a PSP person and he loves his homebrews.
I was quite skeptical if he would like it. He tested the whole app while we were in skype, he loved it! Each quarter second, he says "Wow". As a programmer it felt good, to see someone love your work. It feels so much like doing a cum (my program) shot, to a person's face, and he enjoys it a lot, hence he has his mouth open the whole time.
biggrin.gif
His name is Skyline969.

A number of my testers, never knew MENUdo until they tried it. Basically no expectations. Altho they were astonished and amazed by it. Heck some of them even bugged me to post infos about MENUdo. These guys are Granville, fgghjjkll, Rock_Raiyu, seedvt, zeromac, and Noitora.

Part of my testers, are homebrew coders. Some may think they arent, but they are my friend. I cant say what they think, but hopefully I could say that they were amazed. They are spinal_cord, (known for dsision2) tr1ppy (for the palib community), and someone who might not wanna get his name said (he is VERY known here at gbatemp).
tongue.gif

A few weeks ago I started to get a guinea pig, to toy with. I fed and him with lots of informations about MENUdo. Gave him what to expect. He had high expectations with it. Heck he has a lot of suggestions before he had it. A few days ago he tried MENUdo. He was speechless.
tongue.gif
His name is Placeholder.

And finally Antoligy... He has no DS... He was amazed!
ohmy.gif

I recruited two final guinea pigs for two separate experiments.
tongue.gif

Sarvesh, for hyping but now with videos and screens. And finally, a friend of mine who wants to frustrate the heck out of me by searching for bugs. ._. Another World

Anyway starting today, I will plan to release new infos and screens, and I will see if I could do it daily.
biggrin.gif

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
SoulAnger said:
A few weeks ago I started to get a guinea pig, to toy with. I fed and him with lots of informations about MENUdo. Gave him what to expect. He had high expectations with it. Heck he has a lot of suggestions before he had it. A few days ago he tried MENUdo. He was speechless.
tongue.gif
His name is Placeholder.

biggrin.gif
Guinea pig and proud!

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rockstar99 said:
DPG4 support?

1. Right now, none. The previous flashcart who wanted it, decided to cut my communications to them. Never had I talked to them ever since. :\ The testers and I are using, external loaders which will be removed before public release. I have yet to talk to another cart. I'm sorry if this answer isnt satisfying enough.

2. Damn right it is.
tongue.gif
Well not actually its called MENUdo - Liquid, its an xmb inspired theme with some of my style added.

3. I do plan to do so. That fine media player, mPlayer, will be so disappointing without it. But right now the sound isnt my priority in my current development. If you havent tried the demo of the mPlayer app you could check it out over here. [url=http://filetrip.net/g7832-A-tint-of-MENUdo--Player.html]http://filetrip.net/g7832-A-tint-of-MENUdo--Player.html[/url] if you wanna see the Paint app its also here [url=http://filetrip.net/g25122079-A-Tint-of-MENUdo--Doodle.html]http://filetrip.net/g25122079-A-Tint-of-MENUdo--Doodle.html[/url]

4. Yes! I really want it this year, heck I want it this month! T_T

5. Heres a cut out from my wiki.
tongue.gif

gameboot(default) = 800kb
customized nds files = 8mb
screensavers (windows 95 maze & horny dog) = 12mb

default = 7mb
menudo.nds = 2.2mb

Themes ->
MENUdo Virtue(default) = 1mb
All 17 others excluding virtue = 35mb

MENUdo standard(only virtue and no screensavers) = 10mb
MENUdo professional(all themes and no screensavers) = 44mb
MENUdo ultimate(all installed) = 67mb

SifJar said:
1. Does it load ROMs on YSMenu supported cards or not? I have been told that it has a YSMenu plugin, and I have also heard that if you want to load ROMs via YSMenu, you need to load YSMenu and then run the ROMs from there, so which is true?

2. Does it have a plugin system of any kind, allowing you to open files in external apps or anything?

3. Does it work on Max Media Dock? (I know, its crap, but I've been looking forward to MenuDO for a while, and if it can't run on my card, I'll be kinda disappointed...)

1. I'm sorry but no. I know a fc team might get interested. But then again im not sure

2. Similar to the MSH2? Yeah i have something similar. Altho after looking at msh2's plugin system, I think I will replace my current system to moonshell's current one.

3. I have no tester that has one, so im not sure. But so far MENUdo has perfectly worked in all fcs tested. So theres a big chance MENUdo would work in you MMD.

QUOTE(jakob95 @ Nov 9 2009, 04:48 PM)
1. What features does it have?

1. A lot of features. ^^" I have to say them one by one.

2. So far as my testers think.. [02:28] Placeholder: Absolutely!

3. Think of it as an OS in your pocket.. Hmm isnt this the same with 1? ^^"

4. Good question. First of all this is my first programming project, and OS is too much for one man to handle. I had to do menudo GFX, menudo coding, wifi (server and client coding), website coding (the website is very important for MENUdo's wifi features), website css, conceptualizing, directing, and a friggin alot more; all this in my spare time. :| Like what the secret coder tester told me, "I didnt expect this too many features. This is already too much for one man to handle. I'm surprised you came this far"

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do u believe that i can fly with menudo?
When it comes out is it supported to fly over the whole world?
Does is it give us wings?

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Which flashcart did you want Rom Compatibility in?
Sorry but, even tho I left that FC team that wanted MENUdo, I am still not enough of a douchebag to tell who they are. All I can say tho that they were quite impressed by MENUdo, they wanted it to be in a entirely new cart.

QUOTE(jakob95 @ Nov 10 2009, 12:57 AM) What do you mean by Wifi settings? What wifi features will it have. Does it have its own Web Browser?
A lot of unique and innovative wifi features. It does not have Web Browser. Currently it has a Messaging system, Realtime Wifi .Sav Backup to MENUdo's official site, GamerTag, Game Page(Navigate and Get FAQs, Cheats, FCs, Boxart, AR codes, and alot more -- think of it as visiting GameFAQs in your DS, by just pressing X then GamePages) and a lot more. I'll detail these features in the incoming days

I just took cam-pictures of MENUdo and some of its themes, I'll edit this after I upload them. They are unedited and hi-res, so you guys will know its real.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MSN? Not sure, but right now it isnt here. ^^" Maybe after the first public build? But I can assure you that the there will be Facebook, and twitter support. Like auto post of what you are doing in your DS and MENUdo. (like, Morso Dunno is playing The World Ends With You)

Any, here are the cumshots
biggrin.gif
Open wide! Anyway these are shot of a few of MENUdo's current themes. Like I said the flexibility of the customization is very strong. The detail to these themes are quite amazing IHMO; hence, if you look at some of the shots, the background is moving.
photo712l.jpg

photo714.jpg

photo728.jpg

photo729.jpg

MENUdo - Liquid

photo715v.jpg

photo717.jpg

photo718.jpg

photo726i.jpg

photo727.jpg

MENUdo - DSi

photo719.jpg

photo720.jpg

photo721.jpg

photo722.jpg

photo723.jpg

Megaman - MENUdo Tribute

photo724.jpg

photo725.jpg

MENUdo - Virtue
Hmm, I think I overdid it tho. Maybe they are too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"