Not open for further replies.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It has come to our attention that a notable amount of users have been using leaked copies of an early menudo private beta, and as such we may be forced to implement certain measures to deal with the situation.
Members using an un-authorized copy (connecting to wifi and populating a wifi account) will be BANNED from both the gamenow.asia messaging boards and wifi system.
Also, if people keep using leaked copies of the beta, it is highly likely that menudo and the gamenow.asia backend will be shut down. for good.

We have already taken measures against Rockstar (who made the mistake of flaunting his copy), but are considering undoing said actions due to his cooperation.

In other related news, we can reveal that soulanger will be dropping menudo after it's first release (but he is working to make it as great as possible on initial public release, as well as juggling a college project and the rest of his busy life), but that it will not affect the future of menudo as plans have already been made.

Sorry to all the donators, I don't think I'm allowed to release any information in regards to your situation, but as soon as some completely unrelated issues are sorted out it is highly likely that you will be getting your build. We have already released a few copies (officially).

So to summarize, please if you care about the future of this project (and trust me, it will last), be patient and don't use an unofficial leak.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
People using leaked copies shows they want and like your product.

You know, this totally reminds me of how game companies shut down homemade projects when people make fan-made sequels or remakes of games.
The people are doing it because they really want it, have been waiting a while, and you're certainly not doing it.

Grammar and such fixed.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Cortador said:
Can anyone fill me in on what is "Menudo"?
An alternative firmware for all flashcarts, developed by Soulanger.

I agree with Rydian and emigre, actually. I'm usually on your side (the MENUdo team), but this is just getting ridiculous.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ellie said:
I'm usually on your side (the MENUdo team), but this is just getting ridiculous.
Yar.

When people donate money to get a beta and are left high and dry for a month, I don't think they should be punished for using a leaked beta, seeing as you're certainly not giving them what was promised and what they paid for.

MENUdo has now officially reached the "ridiculous" phase.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
How about setting out a date and keeping to it?

It will be released.......In 2012.
tpi.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
Ellie said:
I'm usually on your side (the MENUdo team), but this is just getting ridiculous.
Yar.

When people donate money to get a beta and are left high and dry for a month, I don't think they should be punished for using a leaked beta, seeing as you're certainly not giving them what was promised and what they paid for.

MENUdo has now officially reached the "ridiculous" phase.

To expand on this, when you accept some sort of monetary transfer no matter how small or how high it is; you also accept the weight of expectation.

I too want to use menudo but you have to accept, you guys aren't helping yourselves. Christ on a bike, i remember in late June there was a tester proclaiming, menudo would be released by late June. We're in late AUgust and we've seen diddly shit.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You know, the only reason deadlines were broken is because Soulanger is a perfectionist. He isn't happy with releasing an incomplete homebrew that is inferior to what the "complete" product would be like.
And here's another thing, it's people like you that make him unwilling to continue with the project.

Personally I would have just released the project as it was on the date, but soulanger has gotten caught up in various commitments, so you're going to have to make do with either waiting (and showing support) or nothing.

Calling a project ridiculous because we want to actually complete it first isn't really productive.

And if people really want to show their enthusiasm for the project, surely they can drop by IRC or contribute on it's actual site? Instead of using a buggy version without our permission.

Anyway, as I have already said, the situation is close to being resolved.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been 3 months since the people who donated were promised a release. I honestly can't understand why a few people using a leaked beta would cause the project to be stopped. That seems very childish to me.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola Antilogy, sorry I think I missed the boat a long time ago. Can I still make a small donation and get a build?
tongue.gif
I thought you guys vanished long ago. When did this stuff even happen? I've been waiting for far too long lol and I just wanna see what this project is all about!
smile.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With all due respect it seems to me that the people relating to the project just want mindless head nodding and are unwilling to accept criticism.

I'm supportive of this project but in the situationof the doner, you're taking the piss.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's not a good argument. Soulanger can perfectly release the version that is available now, and allow for people to develop extra apps/add-ons/plugins, etc.

I'm probably much more of a perfectionist than Soulanger is, yet I would have released it when it was 90% finished. Everything he's doing now is just a waste of time.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
And here's another thing, it's people like you that make him unwilling to continue with the project.Unwilling to continue a project he's not going to continue anyway?
Antoligy said:
In other related news, we can reveal that soulanger will be dropping menudo after it's first releasePardon me for not giving two shits.

Antoligy said:
Personally I would have just released the project as it was on the date, but soulanger has gotten caught up in various commitments, so you're going to have to make do with either waiting (and showing support) or nothing.Because providing something that people PAID MONEY FOR is less of a commitment?

QUOTE(Antoligy @ Aug 27 2010, 04:48 PM) Calling a project ridiculous because we want to actually complete it first isn't really productive.
Neither is a project that doesn't see the light of day.

QUOTE(Antoligy @ Aug 27 2010, 04:48 PM)
Anyway, as I have already said, the situation is close to being resolved.
It seems that the situation is always close to being resolved, but then there's always another situation a week later that needs to be resolved before the release.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ellie said:
That's not a good argument. Soulanger can perfectly release the version that is available now, and allow for people to develop extra apps/add-ons/plugins, etc.

I'm probably much more of a perfectionist than Soulanger is, yet I would have released it when it was 90% finished. Everything he's doing now is just a waste of time.
If this was directed at my comment.

My comment wasn't supposed to be an argument, it's supposed to be an explanation to why people are using the beta version. Now I've confused myself.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ryukouki said:
Hola Antilogy, sorry I think I missed the boat a long time ago. Can I still make a small donation and get a build?
tongue.gif
I thought you guys vanished long ago. When did this stuff even happen? I've been waiting for far too long lol and I just wanna see what this project is all about!
smile.gif
I can't believe someone is still willing to get ripped off give money for an early version that isn't being given out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies