Hacking Menu Version 4.3U!!!! OMG WTF!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So i was reading the game spot forums, and apparently someone who sent their wii in for repair got their wii back with all their saves, but had system version 4.3U instead of 4.2U. Anyone else smell something funky going on at Nintendo? Heres the quote and link

"I sent my Wii to Nintendo to get repair work done to fix the artifacting issue. I've posted on here before about whether I had it for sure or not, and after getting NSMBW and noticing it I had to get it repaired. I've had my Wii since January 2007. Nintendo, as expected was extremely polite, and the lady on the phone said, that althought she had heard of the artifacting issue I was only the second person that had called her about getting it repaired. The repair did cost me $85 which included shipping to and from Redmond, and I have a new 1 year warranty on my Wii. They did not send me a new one, they sent me my Wii, same serial number. All save data was intact. I had to redownload my channels. My account was still synced up with my Wii. I had 600 Wii points when I sent it, and I had 600 when I got it back. I am able to edit my Miis also. The artifacting issue has gone away completely. The only strange thing I found about the entire experience was that my system came back with Wii System 4.3U. I didn't notice at first that the latest version is 4.2U, until I ran a Wii System Update after testing my internet connection (the internet profiles were intact). The System Update "updated" me to 4.2U. I wish I had taken notice of the 4.3U System Software before, or I would have taken a picture. So you'll just have to believe my word, not that 4.3U seemed at all different. When you search for stories about Wii Repairs you read a lot of horror stories, of people losing save data, losing points, their shop accounts not being synced with their Wii, Miis being uneditable, and I believe these are the over represented minority of cases. Here is a case when everything went right.

Thanks Nintendo, now I'm going to catch up on Nintendo Week and play NSMBW"

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_...ag=topics;title

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool story bro, it was probably the developers version too. That really sucks for him D:

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not mentioned at all in Wiimpersonator, enough said. Nintendo's support cronies just update via Nintendo's servers like how you would in the System Menu.

If it actually was 4.3, it wouldn't have been overwritten by 4.2. Not to mention, I'd imagine the next update would include a stub IOS70...

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
idk im just letting you guys know. Im trying to be considerate
tongue.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not only is it the first time i heard of a 4.3, it is extremely interesting that the menu would downgrade itself.

Even though it's since been updated, take a look with something like SysCheck and see what IOSes are installed. For all we know, 4.3 used an IOS80 or something. An update can't delete IOSes, just update/stub them.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
right, is that why you put OMG WTF BLA BLA BLA with a million !!!!! in the title. my wii is 4.7u and it downgraded to 3.2J, OMG WTF go post that somewhere. youre just trying to create a mass panic and tryin to get ppl to talk to you

now comes the part where people read it and start endless speculation threads. OMG WTF LMB (lick my balls)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that kid who lived a few doors down the street back in the glory days of the SNES and would tell you things like that he heard that the sequel to Super Mario RPG was coming out, and would insist that it's true even when he didn't have any sources whatsoever?

Same kind of situation here.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
42 users holy shit way to start rumors... it's a lie just like the mudkips are

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doesnt seem like a big step to go from 4.2 to 4.3 for the internal ninty stuff to be honest - and if the latest 'update' on the server is 4.2 then the wii could very well decide to get that version and consider it an update so its quite possible 4.3 would be overwritten by 4.2.

That being said, it may have been 3.4u on the system and updated to 4.2u and in a bit of panic he reversed the numbers in his mind.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it really be that possible? If the installed 4.3 has a higher version number (like it rightly should) then it won't care what's on Nintendo's server unless it's a higher version than what's on the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)