Hardware Memory Stick not being read PSP 1001

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys! So I had recently gotten a PSP 1001 and I wanted to mod it. I got a "Memory Stick PRO Duo compatible Micro SD Adaptor." I tried to put it in along with my 16 GB SanDisk Ultra micro sd card. I keep putting it in my psp and it is not being recognized. Can somebody help? Thx

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey guys! So I had recently gotten a PSP 1001 and I wanted to mod it. I got a "Memory Stick PRO Duo compatible Micro SD Adaptor." I tried to put it in along with my 16 GB SanDisk Ultra micro sd card. I keep putting it in my psp and it is not being recognized. Can somebody help? Thx

Hello.:)

That is sad to hear,I really hope you can use it.:(
There are many Adapters that simply do not work and are not compatible.

Is the Adaptor with inserted microSd Card recognized from a PC/Laptop ? Can you format it ?

Thank you.:)

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I can connect the PSP with the pc and I can't format it in the psp.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And also, the orange light is flashing.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So, I can connect the PSP with the pc and I can't format it in the psp.

And did you get an ERROR Message on your PSP when you choose the Format Option ? Or what happens then ?

When you connected your PSP with your PC can you see the content/the Memory Stick/microSd Card from your PSP ?

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don't have any files for my psp yet but it says there is no memory stick inserted. I am running 3.50.

Thank you for that important Information.:yay:

Then it is maybe time for Updating your PSP to the latest Firmware 6.61.:)
If you want to use some other Custom Firmware than CFW 6.61 pro (for Example Infinity)
then please read about this other Solutions and choose your Original Firmware which is needed.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with other Custom Firmwares and their Installations/Firmwares they need.:(

Otherwise you can update to official 6.61.:)
Please note you have to do it with an active Internet Connection (because your Memory Stick Solution is not working at the moment).
Check of your Battery is full or plug the Power Adapter into your PSP please.

And of course,you can also wait for other Users Recommendations and Advises.:)

And also please do not forget the possibility of your Memory Stick Reader of the PSP is maybe broken.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I might as well just give up :sad::cry::gun::yaypsp: I can't get anything to work
I even tried putting electrical tape on the adapter

Please do not get nervous or unfocused and get maybe a rest of it to calm you down again.
We are here to help you.:)

If you are ready again to continue please let us know.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My internet connection is "Not Supported"

I am sorry,that is not good.
Excuse me,that was my fault.I forgot:
The Firmware you have actual in your PSP is unfortunately not compatible with todays WiFi Security standards.:(

The only suggestion I can offer is to get an official Sony Memory Stick and hope the PSP Reader is ok.

I am really Sorry for your Troubles.:(

daxyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed the network type and it allows the internet connection BUT, it says that the key information exchange timed out. So thanks to your help, I might be saved.

plumbdog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am definitely not an expert as I just bought my very first PSP 1000 and experienced this same problem. I was on firmware 3 and didn't have any memory card except a micro sd and memory stick adapter and the unit wouldn't format the sd card. I ended up getting a 4GB memory stick from Amazon (maybe 12 bucks or so) and when I installed it, I could format it and update to CFW 6. After I did that, the PSP was able to format the micro sd in an adapter. I'm guessing that the firmware update "fixed it", but can't be sure. Good luck!

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
To what lengths are you willing to go to fix this? If you have a PC that supports both a wired and wireless network, you can create a 100% compatible virtual wifi network by following my guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/create-an-nds-compatible-hotspot-on-linux.543283/
You can most likely use a Linux bootable USB and not even have to install the OS; I'd recommend Ubuntu for this.

From there, you should be able to update the PSP system and your card adapter should begin working.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,
Reactions: mezz0

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
my pc is windows tho
Which is why I noted you can make a bootable Linux USB stick to follow the process. You can't make a compatible hotspot in Windows anymore via software, so if changing the security on your router didn't solve the problem, this is the best solution I can offer outside of getting an actual memory stick and doing an offline update using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu