Memory full. Glitched channel.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Amodeus, Apr 25, 2008.

Apr 25, 2008

Memory full. Glitched channel. by Amodeus at 2:30 PM (1,909 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Amodeus
    OP

Newcomer Amodeus Newbie

United States
    Okay, this is similar to the topic some spaz made earlier, but it's a bit different. Hopefully different enough to warrant a new topic. I just installed 14 wad files to my Wii using Wad Installer 2.0 DOL and it completed successfully. When I went back to the Wii menu, it warned me that I had no free space so I deleted some saved games, and then went to channels. In the channels list was a channel with no title and a question mark for an icon. I deleted it. That, along with the saves I deleted, brought me up to 25 blocks. I thought maybe the glitched channel was a partially installed wad, but all of the wads I was trying to install are present as channels. I'm a bit worried because I removed the glitched channel the normal way instead of using the uninstaller. Does anyone have any idea if this could cause problems for me? Should I run the wad uninstaller? Format my Wii? Thank you in advance.

2. Dingler

Member Dingler GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    I know the homebrew Channel shows up as a "?" on your Data management screen. Maybe it was included in the one of the WAD's you installed?
    Anyway, I'm not seeing what your problem is?

3. tredes

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    if its not causing any issues then u should be fine. if you are really worried, then you could run the WAD unistallel, it wouldn't do any harm.

Hope its okay..

4. Dingler

Member Dingler GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    ^ Not allowed

5. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    You have just been unlucky..

Dont use these tools if you dont know the consequences....
    These kind of aps ALLWAYS has a warning!

You can allways do a full wii format which would format the whole Wii memory and delete everything.

6. bootmonster

Member bootmonster GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    seems he probably had the homebrew channel installed, it would show up as he described

7. Amodeus
    OP

Newcomer Amodeus Newbie

United States
    Yeah, I knew about the potential consequences, but now I am just trying to figure out the best way to deal with said consequences. I'm just not sure what that extra channel was all about. Oh, and no, I didn't install the homebrew channel, so that isn't it. I don't know, I guess I'll just let it go until there's a problem. It will just constantly be in the back of my mind. :-P Thanks for the help though, to everyone.

8. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...data.jsp#?files

Files or Channels displayed with one or more "?"

The Wii console can detect unnecessary files that may be saved on the system. When this happens, these files are displayed as a question mark (or marks) in the Data Management screen of the Wii System Settings, or in the Wii Channels menu. Deleting these files will remove the question mark(s). There are no harmful effects caused by deleting them.

This can also happen un an unmodded, unhomebrew-used console, so you shouldn't care about it, really.

9. porchemasi

Member porchemasi GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I take it the spaz was me [​IMG]

10. odinfire

Newcomer odinfire Member

United States
    ^^^ I'd say so... duh. But don't worry... I'm just a newb.