Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho...I think...
unsure.gif

You recall some time ago that I mentioned one of my 4GB PSP memory cards being an attension whore? Well, I'm still no closer to solving the problem. It's my 4GB Sony card and I spent ages trying to get the damn thing to register today. After about a billion attempts it finally decided to play fair and now seems to be working fine. I'm not 100% sure what I did to change things. The only thing that changed was the battery charge, my PSP was almost dead earlier so I put in on charge. Once the battery level got above about 50% the memory card started working again.

What the hell is that all about?

Seriously though, this is becoming a serious irritation. All I want is to put the card in the machine and play my games. I don't want to worry about it being so temperamental any more. So how can I fix this issue once and for all?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's only the Sony mem card (possibly fake, not entirely sure) that's being a whore. The other 3 are fine. The odd thing is that eventually, after I've rebooted the system about 50 times and put my fist through the wall, the memory card will suddenly work as if nothing was ever wrong. It generally continues to work fine until it's removed again.

The only 100% solution I can think of is simply to replace the damn thing with another Sandisk 4GB, or trim down my existing collection so it can be reshuffled to make the card unnecessary, which will have to happen soon anyway to make room for Dissidia Duodecim and 3rd Birthday. But I'd like to know why this particular card is such a slut. Ideas?

Strangely my DS has the same problem with my Cyclo DS Evo. If it's removed or the card is swapped out, it often refuses to accept that a new card is in there for a few attempts. What's the deal with that? I've tried cleaning everything, formatting the cards, everything. Nothing ever makes any difference.

Also if anyone has any suggestions on easy ways to get through the torture scene in the original Metal Gear Solid when playing on PSP, I'd appreciate the help. I can't mash buttons fast enough and I keep dying, but I'd like the good ending.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
PSN version of MGS or a converted eboot? If it's the former i can probably help...

And regarding the stick it's either a contact issue (so you'd need to slip in a bit of paper behind the stick) or because it's a fake going wonky.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I had a fake 4GB magicgate no name, which corrupted all my games over 1GB in disk space (in XMB), so it was entirely fake, then suddenly it would die preventing to be detected no matter what I did, so I just threw it in a can and got another 4GB one. And had no more problems.

My second PSP(ta088v3 u_u) has another 4GB fake pro duo card, but this time I did a format in FAT16 FS and everything went sweet.

Actually, my main PSP (ta088v2) has a Micro SD 2 Pro Duo adapter along a cheap 4GB generic class 4 Micro SD, besides CFW 5.00 M33-6 with Mem speed set to high speed POPS & GAME. And so far no problems either with it.

So an advice, stop wasting time and get rid of it as soon as you can, then acquire a micro sd 2 pro duo adapter, believe me, even if magicgate´s XMB detects it as fake, read speed , compatibility and STABILITY make it an excellent choice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, the wrist strap didnt work?