mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know if there is a difference when you are acytually playing the ROM? I bought a Transcend 512 MB compact flash that has 45X. Is this fast enough? Is there any slowdown? What does the speed of the card actually mean?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why not do a search? plent of posts containing information regarding card speeds. You didn't list what device you used either. If it's a m3, visit www.m3wiki.com to see other people's experience with their media.

mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm talking about the Compact Flash itself. Not the flashcard. I have a Supercard CF btw but it's irrelevant. Basically, my question is, will games run smoother if I use SD, SD Micro, or Compact Flash? Does the memory card your using have any effect on how the game plays or no?

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the read/access times for different types of cards carry over but I am using an A-data 50x sd card and don't notice any slowdown with ds games and the only GBA game with slowdown that I've played is Kingdom Hearts (and only when there are a bunch of those green health restore/moogle point sphere's bouncing around, none during gameplay).

So there have been some posts regarding read/access times mattering for the supercard lites, but I don't recall hearing anything about other media.

In general I think after a memory format has been established (CF/SD) there really are no speed problems as the majority of cards on the market are rather fast. For newer media (MiniSD [back when it was new I mean, I haven't heard about speed issues regarding miniSD for a while], and MicroSD) you might want to look for a card with better speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1