memory card reader problems

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by simpson17, Oct 14, 2006.

Oct 14, 2006
  1. simpson17
    OP

Member simpson17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hi, i just got my supercard rumble along with the card reader, and the card reader won't read my sd adapter, i'm wondering what im doing wrong or if this is a faulty product. Could some1 please go thru step by step how i put the memory card in and format it (i know this may sound stupid, but im getting a memory is not inserted error when i click on the removable drive)

p.s the supercard rumble fits flush [​IMG]

2. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You should just insert the USB from the card reader into your computer and place the microSD into the reader. Your computer should quickly recognize the hardware and install some drivers for it. Once they are installed you can now use the device. Look in my computer for the new drive letter, right click and format fat 16. Once the format is complete you can now start transferring files onto the card.

If the computer is unable to find the memory I suggest trying to use another computer to format the card or a phone. Most problems are usually caused by computer drivers so I suggest trying another computer before thinking that the product is bad. You might, in the end, have a bad microSD or card reader though so be ready for it.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

3. simpson17
    OP

Member simpson17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey fifth, we were at wal-mart today and i picked up another memory card reader and this one worked [​IMG]

thanks for the info, the supercard rumble is a great product, however i havent gotten the rumble part on metroid pinball to work (doing the ips patch), and unfortunately the supercard website seems to be down [​IMG]

4. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    Did you insert the sd adapter upside down inside the card reader? They fit both ways ya'know.