memory card help

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ansley, Jul 20, 2007.

Jul 20, 2007

memory card help by ansley at 1:32 PM (760 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ansley
    OP

Newcomer ansley Member

United Kingdom
    i recently bought a 2gb kingston memory card to use with my transflash. the thing is that it will only let me write on the card once and the next file i put comes up with an error saying "cannot read source" or something along those lines. The thing is that the files are on my computer. When the error appears i cant copy anything else onto the card. i checked properties and it shows as 0kb avaliable and 0kb used. I have tried formatting several times using FAT and FAT32 but to no avail. i already have a 1gb kingston that woks fine. should i send it back for an exchange or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

P.S the memory card is a japan model

2. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
  3. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try formatting it to FAT16 with 64K clusters.

It may be your card reader. What kind of reader are you using? (hopefully not the one the R4 came with.)
    I would suggest a good quality reader. Perhaps a sandisk. It may also be your MicroSD to SD adapter.
    I had to get a new MiniSD to SD adapter a while ago to get my files on it.

If problems still arise, call Kingston. From what I understand, they are more than willing to help out and will replace the card free of charge including shipping.

Hope this helps.

4. ansley
    OP

Newcomer ansley Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for your replies. i will try the formatter now. im not using the r4 card reader im using a SD adapter. the new one i got with the card may be faulty but the previous one which i got with my 1gb is not meaning its the card. btw i've tried to format using FAT16 with 64KB clusters but still no.

I tried the programme and it still doesnt work. i was going to send it back to the supplier tomorrow. ist it better to send it to the supplier or at Kingston? If i should send it to Kingston will i still get a japan model?

5. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Here are some things to try.

1. Try a different USB port.
    2. Try a different SD reader.
    3. Try formatting the card with your PC.
    3. Try formatting the card with a Camera, PDA…

6. ansley
    OP

Newcomer ansley Member

United Kingdom
    i tried all of them but still no success. i am posting it back to the supplier for an exchange. hopefully the next one i recieve wont be faulty

7. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    well now im worried =[ im buying another kingston 2gb soon, and now that ive seen this, im not sure =( but the one im buying is an american model so.. =[

8. ansley
    OP

Newcomer ansley Member

United Kingdom
    i dnt think you should be worried. i sent mine through the post yesterday and should hopefully get an exchange by next week. are you buying IN america because i only recall there being Japan and Taiwan models