Hacking Memorex DVD-R's not working

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just bought a 50 pack of Memorex DVD-R's (16x) after using primarily Kodak's which were expensive, but they all worked. I've just put Dead Rising on a disc and it doesn't work. The Wii goes to read it, but then it just tells me that it can't read the disc in both the disc channel and Gecko OS. Does anyone else here use them? Any ideas why they don't work? I know someone might say 'Ooh, bad burn', but this being the 3rd disc I've burned (the other 2 were PS2 copies which work perfectly when disc swapped), so it's obviously going well.

Thanks in advance.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try burning another game.. that's it.. if it didn't work.. change brand..

Memorex are not very good for the wii..

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I tried Memorex before, a long time ago. I swiftly changed brand. They're cheap, but crap.
frown.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sometimes updating the firmware on your dvd burner (if there is an update) can help with burning certain brand disks. Though in this case I think it's just the quality of the disks.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just used NeoGamma R8 beta 15 and it recognises the game ID as RINE08, but then it says it gets a disc read error (1136), pr it just tells me that it can't be read with error code (1048). Any ideas?

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just tried Twilight Princess after burning it at 2x, tried at disc channel...nope.
NeoGamma...nope.
Gecko OS...YES!
But now, after closing the game and going back, it won't launch it. When I was playing it perfectly fine. It either tells me that there is no DVD inserted, or it tells me all the details then says Disc Read Error.

FFS.

D

Deleted_171835

Edhel said:
I tried Memorex before, a long time ago. I swiftly changed brand. They're cheap, but crap.
frown.gif
Crap. I have 70 Memorex DVD-R discs that I was planning to use for Wii games. I haven't burned any yet but if their crap, it shouldn't work.
frown.gif
Money down the drain.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
both kodak and Memorex are a shit brand try using verbatim i never have 1 problem with them.
Well all of my Kodak's worked, surprisingly.

Ugh. If anyone wants 46 Memorex DVD discs for £8 they're yours. ^^

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Livin in a box said:
Well I can get Zelda to work in Gecko if I try loads of times. I'm burning Dead Rising again at 2x and hopefully it'll be the same.

As I said earlier, you should really update your DVD firmware if you intend to try reburning them again. Some firmware updates helps calibrate the laser more optimally when it's burning data to a dvdr.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Are you going to bake yourself a cake?