Leoxama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,

I bought a broken switch on ebay which can boot to RCM, I have tried to inject several payload to see what is wrong with it and here is what I found:
  • Hekate 5.6.5 and 4.0 just shows a black screen (with or without SD). Hekate 3.0 launches (I guess it is because there is no data required in the SD) and when I try to get the SD info I get the following error: [FATFS] no FAT/FAT32/exFAT found. If I remove the SD card, it simply displays "no FAT32 found". Before jumping to the conclusion that my SD is badly formatted, I have tested the SD and the SD card reader on another switch and they are fine and the SD contains the latest version of hekate.
  • Memloaderv3 reads the .ini files inside the SD but when I try to read any memory (SD, EMMC, BOOT0 or BOOT1) it gets stuck on "read 192 bytes from 'ums_sd.ini', parsing..."
  • Biskeydumpv9 shows: SBK & TSEC keys NOT VALID!
Is there a way to investigate further what is causing this issue (RAM, SD, SoC)? Thank you in advance

UPDATE

Using the latest version of TegraRcmGUI I get a different error when trying to launch memloaderv3 for reading whatever memory. I get the error: Error during lzma decompression, got 0 instead of 4294967295 bytes out!

Last edited by Leoxama,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Try to dump the keys with LockpickRCM.
If they are all zero then that is not a good sign.
It sounds someone messed up the internal NAND pretty bad.
There are some topics here on how to rebuild the NAND with another Switch.
Other possibility could be that the SD card reader is also broken.
But lockpickRCM will write the keys to the SD card so you can check it right away.

Leoxama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your reply. I have tested several versions of Lockpick_RCM without SD card, just to see if anything is printed on the screen and only the version 1.8.2, 1.7.1and earlier display something. If I insert the SD card the display just stays black.

Using the latest version of TegraRcmGUI I get a different error when trying to launch memloaderv3 for reading whatever memory. I get the error: Error during lzma decompression, got 0 instead of 4294967295 bytes out!

Last edited by Leoxama,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.