Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a big thread around here somewhere but the general consensus was that it works but nowhere near as well as a chip (a pity as I would be ordering several if it did work well).
As you can see from the site you linked nothing has happened in months although I recall reading a post saying the team said July for the next update.

Arsic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's pretty much the same as the Independence exploit except it has a USB port on it which makes it more convenient by removing the middle men that the Independence exploit uses (it removes the cheat device and the trigger disc). I think it's better to just rip and run your PS2 games off of the HDD with a PS2 network adapter than getting this. They also removed the elf menu so you don't have as much customization freedom.

The Independence exploit just needs a cheat device, a USB key, and an original PS1 disc to act as the trigger disc. Mostly everyone should have these items, so if you can do the exploit, you can do it for free instead of coughing up $60 to buy this thing. The only pros over this I can think of are the USB and the 32MB. If you're not up for the exploit, then go ahead and buy it.

abort_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got Memor32 and installed Memento. it doesnt work on my p2. i have a fat model. all i get is a black screen. they tell me at their forums (my post is fairly recent there) that it doesnt work with all p2s. so do research before you buy. i hope their firmware makes it work otherwise i just wasted some money. i should have modded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T tempBOT: tastymeatball has left the room.