Hacking Question Meh god man freezing is doing my head in

roden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
:hateit:

Ok guys i am getting alot of freezing on my switch.

Running xsos 1.2, and have a Sandisk ultra 64gb card.

It seems every single game will freeze and some point, just a locked screen and nothing, have to keep holding the power button for 10 seconds and restart.

Its driving me and the kids nuts?, anyone else getting this with xsos or could it be my card?

Reactions: NoNAND

roden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately i only have 1 switch and 1 sd card at hand. Ill try the format thing but can see theres anything wrong with the card, nless the switch does not like it for some reason.

Clutchman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It seems every single game will freeze and some point, just a locked screen and nothing, have to keep holding the power button for 10 seconds and restart.

Its driving me and the kids nuts?, anyone else getting this with xsos or could it be my card?
Definitely try a different card. I have a 128gb Samsung Evo and a 64gb Samsung Pro card and I have no issues.

roden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok im going to copy my stuff across now and do a full reformat, and try again, if it still does it ill order a new 128 evo. I have had this card in my phone for quite a while

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games are you playing? Fire Emblem Warriors has well known problem with freezing and crashing. Especially during special and awakening sequences.

roden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Its happened so far with lego worlds, kirby, mario and rabbids, i will say though i have not updated any of the carts yet.

D

Deleted User

It's normal to freeze with SX OS. The dumps weren't meant to run off a SD card but somehow TX made it possible to emulate them as cartridge. My 128GB MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card freezes randomly during Minecraft and freezes while loading Eating Contest in 1-2-Switch. Address the issue to TX and see what they have to say:)

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just bought one SanDisk Ultra A1 last week and had speed problems, after just like a min or 2 the SD locked to 20MB\s 4 ever... Got a replacement from the local store and this one now is almost like the first, I'm so pissed, its a big hassle to replace it for the god damn 3rd time in 2 weeks and I have to do like a 80 KM trip.

My old Sandisk Extreme A1 32GB is working fine, but those new garbage I got are all defective and they are real, not counterfeit as they have real 128GB tested on both (H2testw and FakeFlashTest), also I bought in a official SanDisk seller local store for my country...

Put it in laptop SD port, use HDtune to test speed, if its giving around 80MB\s its normal, but then go to like a PC game with lots of small files, copy and paste a few to the SD, then open HDtune and test speed again, do this maybe like 2 more times if it gives same read speed, then your SD most likely is good.

Mine the first 1 got completely locked at ~20MBs 4 ever and wont ever give more than that. The replacement seems to achieve around 80MB\s at first, but as soon as I move some files, it gets locked to 20B\s too, the onlyu difference is if I remove it, wait a bit and put it in the laptop, it goes back to 80MB\s until anything writes a bit of files and goes back to 20MB\s.

Last edited by guily6669,

roden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe it doesnt like sandisk cards then, funny how some people are saying no problems and others are having trouble.

D

Deleted User

Maybe it doesnt like sandisk cards then, funny how some people are saying no problems and others are having trouble.
Everyone has issues, they just don't say anything. Like I said, dumps aren't meant to be played off a SD card. TX needs to update their boot.dat to support more games that freeze up

roden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah funny you say that, just copied a file back to the pc from the card and guess what 20MB/s ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."