Gaming Megami Meguri (Japanese e-shop exclusive free social game) Savegame Export Import Problem

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I tried the following methods. None of them make the save work.

- SDF export User save & Extdata save, then restore both to a second 3DS
- Just copy the most update SD files to a previously CTRNAND transferred 3DS (I used to System Transfer) and play it
(It works for every other game including Pokemon SM / other Card2 games)

All of the above reports Save Corrupted.
Only the following method makes the save work:

- CTRNAND transfer to a second 3DS I used to System Transfer

I doubt if this game's save is tied to NAND due to everything I described above.
Anyone has any idea?

Last edited by MelonGx,

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having problems with this title as well.

I have tried everything I can think of with JKSM. I have let the game create a new save and then tried importing, I have tried deleting the secure value manually after restoring my save. It seems when you try to launch the game after deleting the secure value, it will say the save doesn't exist at all. Could new games be doing anything special now to try and combat homebrew that JKSM isn't accounting for?

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
By the way, Pokemon Shuffle seems to have the same problem.
Although it has a Save Editor out, it only talks about "backup -> modify -> restore".
There are no articles talking about "backup (-> modify) -> restore it to other console" which also initialize the save EVEN you have deleted the secure value.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the assistance of users in #3dshacks on IRC, we have verified that the recently released Japanese eShop only game, Megami Meguri, will consider a save corrupted if the SecureData is blank or doesn't match with values stored in the save. It would seem for some newer games simply blanking out the SecureData value upon save restore like JKSM currently does may no longer be adequate.

I have opened an issue on the GitHub repo for JKSM to let others know. My current save may be lost (unless we can figure out how the SecureData is used in the saves for Megami Meguri), but hopefully this will help others avoid this issue.

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/issues/42

Reactions: MelonGx

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@Ichii Giki
Nevermind now.
The saving of this game updates such things in CTRNAND.
So it's unavailable to move the save to any other platform if the CTRNAND files are mismatch.

XEljb1F.png

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1