Megaman Starforce and Megaman Starforce 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by IOwnAndPwnU, Aug 3, 2008.

Aug 3, 2008
  1. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I have 2 questions.

1. Since most people aren't playing Megaman Starforce Pegasus/Leo/Dragon no more, especially on Wi-Fi, I figured I might as well consider Megaman Starforce 2. So like, is there any point of skipping or is it just useless to skip to #2 with out playing #1? I want to play Wi-Fi with people so yeah. And I haven't gotten TOO far in Megaman Starforce Pegasus yet so yeah. Or an alternative would be to cheat the entire story mode through (except the bosses for fun of course [​IMG])

2. What are the differences between the Megaman Starforce 2 (the 2 types)? Or is there a better one than the other (probably not though)? Also, if I play one of the 2 types, can I still battle via Wi-Fi people that have either copy?

2. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    Ok let a "pro" explain to you [​IMG]:

1. DO play Megaman Starforce 1, it has a very good story, at least better than #2's story, just for the sake of that, play it.

2. 2 recycles a lot of stuff, like enemies, and the Giga Chips and so on aren't as innovative as in #1.

3. Starforce 1, explains stuff you need to know in order to understand the ongoings in #2, it's true, some stuff is explained in #2, but it's better to know all, right ?

4. After playing 1, and getting a feeling for the battle system, you can switch to 2, since you will be able to beat the story faster.
    Also you will be prepared for Online Battles.

Now, go forth and play em !

BTW: if you wanna add me on any of the 2 games, just click the [​IMG]

on any of my posts and send me a [​IMG] PM by clicking on that icon.

Have fun.

Also I recomend watching the Anime Series if you wish, since I think it kinda rounds the whole experience up.

3. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    1. Eh... not really. The storyline for both games is crap anyway (The storyline in 1 being better than 2), but it's true that if you play the first game, you're gonna have a pretty hard time finding brothers. (Which makes the game a whole lot easier if you have 6). You don't HAVE to play 1 to understand 2, but it's nice to get a little background info before playing it, I suppose.

2. The differences between SaurianxZerker and NinjaxZerker are that (obviously), in once you get to play as the fire-type Saurian, and in the other you can play as the Wood-type Ninja. You can play as the Electric-type (man, it's sounding like Pokemon...) Zerker in both games. I think the only other differences are that you can only get some chips in one of the games, and same for the other one. (Pretty much like Pokemon; you can only catch certain Pokemon in Diamond, and you can only catch certain Pokemon in Pearl).

Hope I helped clear some stuff!

4. pasc

Germany
    Depends on personal the personal view, right ?

On 2... shouldn't you put up a spoiler tag there [​IMG] ?

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Lol, spoiler tags? Why? What exactly did I "spoil"?

6. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    in mmsf2 the version differences between zerker, saurian and ninja are mostly your "alternate forms"
    you'll have a default alternate form based on the version you chose, and to get other alternate forms you need brothers with that form.

say you have zerker X saurian and chose zerker.
    this means your alternate form will be zerker, this can be activated by using either a brother chip, or installing a "program"
    to activate saurian you need to be in zerker form, and use a saurian's brother chip.
    same goes for ninja.

7. pasc

Germany
    [joke] the "super-secret" forms of transformation [/joke] xD

8. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Okay, I've decided I'll play 1 and 2 without cheats (only time-saving cheats like Infinite Zenny). Also, because I don't want to waste any progress. [​IMG]

Thanks for the advice.