Gaming Megaman Star force 2

aizen000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know when the rom for this will be dumped. Also, does anybody think this game is better than MMBN, personally thing the battle network series was much better in terms of game system, story line and replay value.

Also if anyone wants to start making brotherbands when the game comes out do it here please!

ps. im getting saurian

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one knows.. It's all up to the release groups. Could be tomorrow, could be next week. To be honest, I really like Star Force about as much as I liked MMBN. A few things here and there aren't great, but to me it's good. I'm also getting Saurian.

aizen000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the zerker thing going to be like a separate form or what. If so why didnt they just give it a separate game

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If there is one thing I have learnt about some titles, it's that you shouldn't listen to magazine reviews.

Nintendo Official Magazine really bashed the Megaman Battle Network titles from 3 onwards (though 4 really deserved it), as well as give Puzzle Quest a bad score, and then a lot of reviewers don't rate Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2 very high, but people love it.

Games like this, you should really look at the user reviews.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with listening to the users. Nintendo Power isn't very good at reviews anyways (although they sometimes get Nintendo game news before anyone else). Personally, though, 7.0 seems fairly good. I think Soul Bubbles got lower (6.5) but I loved that one!

I think I'll probably like SF2 since I liked SF1. The only game in the Battle Network series I hated (my opinion of course) was BN4. I just thought it was shallow and uninteresting. My best-to-worst games including both series' (1 being best and higher being worse):

1: BN3
2: BN2
3: BN6
4: BN1
5: SF1
6: BN5 (pretty good but didn't like the TBS part much)
100: BN4 (I really didn't like this one)

My numbers 1-5 are pretty close to each other in the lineup. I like them all, but BN3 is my personal favorite. I really like all of them though, except BN4.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no denying it, battle network 4 was a total screw up.

Personally I'd put them in this order.

1: BN3
2: BN6
3: BN2
4: BN1
5: SF1
6: BN5
7: BN4

BN5 was good, but it really lacked something, and the whole net liberation thing was boring.

When you think about it, Team Nebula has to be like the weakest crime organisation in the series, in BN4 was there TWO, count of TWO nebula navis you had to fight, and then only 4 in BN5!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hated BN4 because the game felt so unbalanced. The tournament was an excuse so they didn't have to think of a decent story. BN5 actually wasn't missing anything but actually added something: the annoying, unnecessary, and tedious liberation missions. It tried to be a bit like Fire Emblem but didn't reach that level of fun. And I hated how it had you defeat the Nebula Navis both of them.

BN 1, 2, 3, and 6 were all really good and it's hard to decide which order they should be in. BN1 was pretty innovative. BN2 was a vast improvement in length, story, difficulty, and overall features. BN3 was less of a huge improvement but still great experience. BN6 was a worthy and excellent good-bye-GBA gift.

The Starforce game(s) were panned by "professional" critics as being too similar to their BN cousins. I'd like to tell those idiots that a game is supposed to be judged based on it's own merits instead of comparing it to other games. The only exception to this rule would be remakes of games which should admittedly be compared to the originals, BUT still should be judged fairly.

dualscreenman

Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
1: BN2 (I thought the storyline and secret area/story were better here... Bass was/is fracking awesome)
2: BN3 (Better engine for the most part, but I sorta liked the Power Up system from 2. Great game)
3: BN6 (This game still has the new demented small sprites, but the story is better than 4 or 5, builds upon 5 games' worth of game engine)
4: BN1 (Rough around the edges as to be expected. A classic. Life Virus was too easy...)
5: SF1 (Meh, an ok game. Doesn't hold a candle to BN 1-3 though)
6: BN5 (This is probably equal with SF1 imo, but the DS's menu system sucked and the internet areas felt uninspired.)
7: BN4
Oh. Lawdy. Lawd. 80% of BN4 is a huge damn tournament, after which the story actually begins. There is no story. Just retarded-ass people in a tournament getting in trouble. You don't actually learn anything new about Mr. Meteor until near the end of the game, and then it's "lol I destroy earth and rofl. then u am cry"
Duo is a bitch to beat too. Him and Nebula Grey are annoying...

P.S. Hurry up with my downloaded games I have no intention to pay for! I HAS TEH RIGTHS AN ENTITLEMENZ!
rolleyes.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Man I loved MMBN2 it's my favourite in the EXE series.
Although SF was too easy, I'm really looking forward to SF2 (expect it anytime now soon!) so if anyone wants to Brotherband check the FC databse when it's out or PM me, I'll be going for Ninja version.

btw I only really want to BB with people who intend to finish the game and extras, and update on wifi OFTEN.. not much point otherwise!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upperleft said:
omg.. you guys hate mmbn4?
it was my first (and favorite) mmbn game

That's probably the reason you like it. Being your first, it probably seemed fresh and it has a special quality because of that. I don't really hate it, I just find it heavily underwhelming compared to the rest of the BN series. Technically, MMBN1 is probably the weakest of these games, but it's the first one and is fresh. I played it and liked it a lot for being original, but it was too short and easy. I played BN2 and 3 simultaneously and they were both vast improvements upon the first.

The things I didn't like about BN4 (opinions are only my own):

1- a shallow story compared to the others. The game is an entire tournament and had no real character development or good plot twists. Nebula was a placeholder for the WWW and a ripoff of Gospel. It's like they added the meteor part as an afterthought.

2- you only fight a couple of evil Navis. There was Shademan, but the game makes you KO him in one hit. No challenge there. And he was a cool one too. At least he was fightable for real in BN5.

3- weak ending with weak final boss music (and the boss itself was uninteresting).

One thing I DID like about the game was the new graphics. They're cleaner, more colorful, and more cartoon-styled.

I'm not trying to insult your opinion, just stating mine. It's cool if you like it.

EDIT: Is SF2 out in rom form or just in stores?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?