megaman battle network 4 red sun

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by cloud564, Feb 7, 2010.

Feb 7, 2010
  1. cloud564
    OP

Newcomer cloud564 Member

Australia
    whenever i use gutsman chip the game freezes up right before he appears to do the attack, i didn't worry about it if it was only this chip but it happened again with windman. i can use topman and burnman fine.my other battle network games work fine when using mega chips.

i tried to change a few settings here and there but to no avail as i don't know wat does wat. i'm using vba 1.5a, so i checked their website and downloaded the latest 1.72, still same problem. any1 know how to fix? if not i'll prob try another emulator.

2. Neoblaze

Newcomer Neoblaze Newbie

United States
    i use NO$GBA 2.6a and the game runs perfectly i even tried the gutsman chip and it doesnt freeze on me -_-

3. iggloovortex

Member iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Try looking for and Downloading VBA 1.8.0 Beta 3. thats the absolute latest. if that doesnt work, then try a different rom file. if neither work then i guess you could use NO$GBA

4. cloud564
    OP

Newcomer cloud564 Member

Australia
    thank you very much iggloovortex, getting that version was the trick i didn't know that was the latest.
    however for vba1.72, when i use the speed button the game runs at 500%. in vba1.8 beta the speed button runs the game at 200%, not a big sacrifice but it was nice having such a high speed. might be my old computer but anyway at least it works now.

thanks [​IMG]

5. cloud564
    OP

Newcomer cloud564 Member

Australia
    i just got the vba-m svn 926, which is some vba developers merging all the improvement forks for the now inactive vba and its working very well, the speed button goes up to 380% and seems to work well. im happy now, no more problems.

6. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Battle Network 4 has some weird issues with it even on a real DS.

Seriously, in the Woodman scenario on the blue moon version (requires linking to red sun), the game will slow to 0.5 FPS on a DS!!