megaman battle network 4 red sun

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by cloud564, Feb 7, 2010.

1. cloud564
    OP

cloud564 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    whenever i use gutsman chip the game freezes up right before he appears to do the attack, i didn't worry about it if it was only this chip but it happened again with windman. i can use topman and burnman fine.my other battle network games work fine when using mega chips.

i tried to change a few settings here and there but to no avail as i don't know wat does wat. i'm using vba 1.5a, so i checked their website and downloaded the latest 1.72, still same problem. any1 know how to fix? if not i'll prob try another emulator.

2. Neoblaze

Neoblaze Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2009
    United States
    i use NO$GBA 2.6a and the game runs perfectly i even tried the gutsman chip and it doesnt freeze on me -_-

3. iggloovortex

iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Stratford, CT
    Try looking for and Downloading VBA 1.8.0 Beta 3. thats the absolute latest. if that doesnt work, then try a different rom file. if neither work then i guess you could use NO$GBA

4. cloud564
    OP

cloud564 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    thank you very much iggloovortex, getting that version was the trick i didn't know that was the latest.
    however for vba1.72, when i use the speed button the game runs at 500%. in vba1.8 beta the speed button runs the game at 200%, not a big sacrifice but it was nice having such a high speed. might be my old computer but anyway at least it works now.

thanks [​IMG]

5. cloud564
    OP

cloud564 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    i just got the vba-m svn 926, which is some vba developers merging all the improvement forks for the now inactive vba and its working very well, the speed button goes up to 380% and seems to work well. im happy now, no more problems.

6. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Battle Network 4 has some weird issues with it even on a real DS.

Seriously, in the Woodman scenario on the blue moon version (requires linking to red sun), the game will slow to 0.5 FPS on a DS!!