Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection has been announced, following PSN leak

After seeing Overwatch possibly be leaked for release on the Nintendo Switch through an accidental listing going up too early, another game is following in its footsteps, just a handful of hours later. Spotted on the Hong Kong PlayStation Store was the Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection, for the PlayStation 4. It was also accompanied by an announcement trailer which revealed a few more details: Mega Man Zero 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be included, as well as Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent, bringing these games from their original release on handhelds all the way to consoles. According to the trailer, the game is set for release on January 2020, with the PSN listing giving a more specific January 21, 2020 date. At the time of writing, the game has not been officially announced, nor are the release platforms known, aside from the PlayStation 4, though considering the success of the prior releases of Mega Man Legacy Collection titles on Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One, a release on all of those platforms would be a safe bet.

Features new to this collection include the standard filters for pixelated games, an art and music gallery, the ability to change screen layouts for the DS titles, a "save assist" that allows players to save mid-level, a casual mode, and perhaps most notably, the Z Chaser Mode, which pits two players in split-screen against each other in a race to the finish.

UPDATE: Following an official press release today, the game has been officially confirmed. Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection will launch as a digital title on XB1/PS4/NS/Steam with a price tag of €29.99.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Despite many people's thoughts about these games, they have a very special place into my heart, The Z saga has a dramatically doomed atmosphere and serious shit going compared to the other sagas, I remember every mission feeling like the las time we could see Zero alive (No spoilers).

As for the ZX saga, it had very nice mechanics along with a nice storyline going on, but they left a heavy cliffhanger at the end of ZXA, hope this lead to a continuation.

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well all we need now is a complete collection of the EXE games with all of the Japanese exclusive Boktai content with an official localization of EXE 4.5! Yeah I know the chances of a meteor shower on the 25th of February at 3:10pm are probably greater than TRUE EXE Collection. I'll see myself out.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well all we need now is a complete collection of the EXE games with all of the Japanese exclusive Boktai content with an official localization of EXE 4.5! Yeah I know the chances of a meteor shower on the 25th of February at 3:10pm are probably greater than TRUE EXE Collection. I'll see myself out.
Absolutely, I'm a little salty that the Zero games got a second collection release before the battle network games even got one.

Reactions: FateForWindows

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Come on, this should be on Nintendo consoles first just out of respect.
There wouldn't be a megaman without them, it wouldn't have come back without them.
Its a little disrespectful.

Reactions: Xzi and DSoryu

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Despite many people's thoughts about these games, they have a very special place into my heart, The Z saga has a dramatically doomed atmosphere and serious shit going compared to the other sagas, I remember every mission feeling like the las time we could see Zero alive (No spoilers).

As for the ZX saga, it had very nice mechanics along with a nice storyline going on, but they left a heavy cliffhanger at the end of ZXA, hope this lead to a continuation.
I don't have as much nostalgia for the Zero games, but I do really like ZX. I'm up for this.

I'd buy a BN Collection, especially if it had StarForce included.

There wouldn't be a megaman without them, it wouldn't have come back without them.
All we know is that there was an accidental listing on the PSN in Hong Kong. Since everybody and their kid sister is releasing for the Switch, and the X Collections got a Switch release, I'd be honestly more surprised if this didn't release on the Switch. And if you're whining that it's not releasing on Switch exclusively/first, all I have to say is who cares? It's not "disrespectful" if Capcom decides to release the game multiplatform.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Definitely a day one by for me. Megaman zero one of my favourite Game Boy Advance games I still play it every once in awhile. Also I would love a battle Network Collection what's an official English translation of Megaman Battle Network 4.5. That would be awesome

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Day one for me too, as long as it gets a physical release...
That would be nice, but if it's going to be split into two parts and only one is on the cartridge like what they did for the MMX Legacy collection, I'd rather just buy it on the eShop.

I'm fine with it if they do a simultaneous release, but if they delay the Switch release by a month or more that would be total bullshit.

Last edited by Xzi,

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope the blood effects voice acting and multiplayer bonus modes are all included somehow.
Not to mention some of the cart connection secrets.
I really hope they do more and inprove the music for the GBA games and maybe full quality cutscenes for the ZX games.
Overall I loved the ZX games though the GBA games were also something special though the second and above got rather difficult.
Just hope they spruce up the games rather than straight ports/emulation.

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That would be nice, but if it's going to be split into two parts and only one is on the cartridge like what they did for the MMX Legacy collection, I'd rather just buy it on the eShop.

I'm fine with it if they do a simultaneous release, but if they delay the Switch release by a month or more that would be total bullshit.
I'll be buying it on PS4, but even if I owned a Switch and it was my only current gen console, I'd still go physical. I like putting video games on shelves. It's a passion of mine. :P

Actually, it'll just be great seeing the Megaman Zero art on a PS4 case. Inti Creates had a really cool style going for the Zero series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended