Gaming Mega Man X Collection1 Is Terrible Collection2 Is Good

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEADS UP
decided to pick it up and i was severely disappointed. As an owner for Megaman X1 for snes, x4 for ps1 and MegamanX Collection for Gamecube(and now owner of all of them again) Im severely disappointed at Collection1. Theres something very wrong about the graphics for these games in BOTH handheld and especially docked. Its not even worth $20, yes NOT WORTH A MEASLEY $20. the shaders and the emulation options are trash, especially the scanlines, the scanlines dont separate any pixels they just blend everything into very thick bars. Your better off hooking up an old console and playing it on a full hdtv in a blurry mess because its almost just as good. Its unplayable for me. Honestly just use an emulation device for X1-X6. Also they use the snes version of X3 instead of the ps1 version of X3 where the ps1 has a little opening ova where as the snes doesnt.

As for Collection2, the people that did this got this one right. As an owner of X7 and X8 (and now all of 'em again)(X7 AND X8 DIDNT COME WITH THE MEGAMANX collection) they got the graphics correctly done with no emulation options. Everything looks crisp and vibrant with pretty good anti aliasing. The cutscenes look a little remastered and This game feels really good in both handheld and dock. ALTHOUGH...

Its missing MegaManX Command Mission, the rpg megaman and one of the better rpgs of the ps2/gcn era. THEY SHOULDVE ADDED IT INTO COLLECTION1 to make it worthwhile. Im actually very shaky in buying Megaman collection 1+2 now because of the graphics issues ive seen in mmx collection1. I also own Megaman collection for Gamecube and didnt see a need to get the switch collection until it went down in price but maybe its gonna be a DONT EVEN F*CKING TOUCH IT kind of situation.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! an opinion thread. Here's Mine:

Well, my brother got it and I tried it out. I did notice the graphics differences... a little disappointing to me.

However I felt the game (X1) actually played very well; I used my hori pokken controller and it seemed to register all my button presses wonderfully on X1 (only one I tried before he wanted the game back).

I have tried x3 ps1 and x3 snes; here it's more of personal preference. I actually like the snes one better (for most of the music too, but a few tracks I like ps1 better).

Gamecube mega man anniversary... never liked the controller/control scheme for playing those on the GC; much better on ps2... But the games I really miss from GC/PS2/Xbox collection are the power battles arcade games that were never put in the newer legacy collections.

The game I always feel was missing from all the collections was Mega Man and Bass.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! an opinion thread. Here's Mine:

Well, my brother got it and I tried it out. I did notice the graphics differences... a little disappointing to me.

However I felt the game (X1) actually played very well; I used my hori pokken controller and it seemed to register all my button presses wonderfully on X1 (only one I tried before he wanted the game back).

I have tried x3 ps1 and x3 snes; here it's more of personal preference. I actually like the snes one better (for most of the music too, but a few tracks I like ps1 better).

Gamecube mega man anniversary... never liked the controller/control scheme for playing those on the GC; much better on ps2... But the games I really miss from GC/PS2/Xbox collection are the power battles arcade games that were never put in the newer legacy collections.

The game I always feel was missing from all the collections was Mega Man and Bass.

crapcom

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
These collections feel so bare-bones and it is really crappy how they split each of them into two parts. There was so much else they could have included.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I didn't buy them because I'm not buying a physical game and downloading the other half from the eShop.

Reactions: aerios169

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MegaMan X Command Mission is not part of Mega Man X series. It is a RPG style.

Mega Man X Command Mission takes place during an unspecified year in the 23rd century ("22XX AD"); about 100 years after the events of other games in the Mega Man X series.

According to WIKI and the creator.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dont know
i think something is off
i have a snes mini and x1-x3 plays wonderfully
playing x collection on switch, misses something, i dont explain well but its like something is off
dont know much about input lag, but i bet there are some

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know
i think something is off
i have a snes mini and x1-x3 plays wonderfully
playing x collection on switch, misses something, i dont explain well but its like something is off
dont know much about input lag, but i bet there are some

its the graphics, they're very poorly smoothed over and the option for scanline somehow makes it worse

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: