Mega Man Universe Has An 8-Bit Feel

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jul 23, 2010.

Jul 23, 2010
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Mega Man Universe Has An 8-Bit Feel
    Maybe More Characters Than Mega Man
    [​IMG]

At the end of Capcom’s Comic-Con panel, Mega Man creator Kenji Inafune spoke about Mega Man Universe. Akikio Ito who worked on Mega Man 10, is also on the Mega Man Universe team acting as the game’s producer.

“[Mega Man Universe] came from the idea that everyone has his or her idea of what Mega Man means to them,” said Inafune. “We wanted to preserve as much as we can of the classic 8-bit Mega Man look and feel, while allowing players to project their own view of Mega Man.”

"We wanted to create a platform where players can play as their favorite version of Mega Man, or maybe another Capcom character, or someone completely different." A teaser trailer hinted at this by showing Mega Man morphing into Ryu from Street Fighter and Arthur from Ghosts ‘n Goblins.

“There is someone who loves and probably wants to play as [the Mega Man from the Mega Man 1 box],” Inafune joked.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

I'm glad they are keeping the original feel, but what I want to know is, how will it play like? Will it play like an 8-Bit game? Will it be a 3D game, or a 2D game?

More characters would be quite nice, as i'm sure everyone has their own favorite old Mega man characters that got left out as the series progressed, this may give everyone a chance to play as them and re-live their past joy!

I'm also still hoping on the chance of a Wii version, I understand that it's kind of like a next generation Mega man, but if it is keeping the old '8-Bit feel' surely they could at least make a watered down port of some sort to the Wii. I'm guessing that the Mega man series on next-gen consoles has had more sales on the Nintendo systems aswell, so it would most likely boost their sales, and keep everyone happy at the same time.

2. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    This whole game confuses me. Beyond the name I have no idea what to make of it. I'm not gonna waste any energy try to guess what the game could possibly be like until I finally see some screens or a trailer.

3. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    why they won't release it on wii is beyond me, of course, the online plays a part in this as the 360 and ps3 has better online than wii

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    if they are trying to capture the classic 8bit feeling but make it 3D, i won't be spending money on it.

-another world

5. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    WTF!!!!