Mega Man Online gameplay footage

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega Man Online is a new MMO game developed by the joint effort of Capcom and Neowiz. It is a sidescrolling action platformer that takes place in the Megaman X timeline, but it has online multiplayer. There are a ton of new videos showing off gameplay, as well as an anime trailer. Have a look at a few below. [/p]

Nine minutes of pure gameplay footage here-
Mega Man Online (also known in Asia as Rockman Online) will be released next year in Korea and parts of Asia next year in 2011 for the PC (no other consoles confirmed yet, if any). The game has no specific release date, and has not been confirmed for release in either Japan or Europe and America. A trademark did pop up for a possible Japanese release however. It is likely to come to other countries if it does well. Mega Man Online is described as a sidescrolling action RPG. Design appears to be based on Command Mission, X7, X8, and Maverick Hunter X. There is apparently a plot, though not much is known at this time about how the story will unfold. Multiplayer seems to be co op. There are also some bosses you may recognize from the classic Megaman X series. Another game is being developed called Megaman Universe which is not related to this one i believe. It is based on the 8-bit NES original series.

You can find more gameplay video at the source below. It is shaky camera footage, not direct feed. Have a look though, plenty of content to watch. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks good so far. I miss the X series...

...Too bad this is going to be for South Korea and some asian countries only.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bleh......as a Megaman fan (And a huge Battle Network fan), i am dissapoint.

Also, i'd MUCH preferred a Battle Network style MMO, hell, even a Command Mission style MMO would have been cool (I liked that game

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah would have preffered Rockman.exe way over this but still not bad ...

just can't think about the town having 1000000 megaman and zeros staying around all looking the same.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
Yeah would have preffered Rockman.exe way over this but still not bad ...

just can't think about the town having 1000000 megaman and zeros staying around all looking the same.

QFT, atleast throw in Create-A-Character, this just seems like a crappy cash-in on the Megaman name. And judging from the gameplay, any sort of Ingame lag seems like it would be game-killing.

And lol, that makes me think of that Digimon MMO, everyone's running around as the exact 4 Tamer's with the exact same 3 digimon

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Although I admit that if there isn't some way to differentiate the players, its a bit of a failing (it's still in the process of being made so maybe that might change?), but I have always found the newer Megaman games (MMZ, Battle Network, Starforce) immensely lame(and from the ones that I have played...the story isn't exactly that great at all...granted X may be a bit hell bent on Sigma in the X series...but Zero is a beast. Apart from that, I think it is going to be an awesome MMO (coming from a Megaman X series fan xD).

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Although I admit that if there isn't some way to differentiate the players, its a bit of a failing (it's still in the process of being made so maybe that might change?), but I have always found the newer Megaman games (MMZ, Battle Network, Starforce) immensely lame(and from the ones that I have played...the story isn't exactly that great at all...granted X may be a bit hell bent on Sigma in the X series...but Zero is a beast. Apart from that, I think it is going to be an awesome MMO (coming from a Megaman X series fan xD).

You lost me at Battle Network and Zero being lame
frown.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the Battle Network games are incredibly lame though. BN4 sucks outright in almost every way. BN5 had a good story, but the liberation missions killed it for me. BN1 was a nice first series entry, but short and easy. BN 2, 3, and 6 were the great ones. And i guess i don't have to tell you about Starforce. The third Starforce was really good, but the first two were pretty mediocre. Both series have been officially ended regardless. Capcom sounds like they have no intention on continuing either one.

Zero series is totally awesome though. Every game is completely solid and difficult as hell. Just a really great series overall.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Looks decent. It'll be good nostalgia, playing the X series' characters again, if it'll ever make it here.

Aw, this makes me want to play Megaman X4, X5, and X6 again
frown.gif
(Megaman X7 was ABYSMAL).

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
This looks awesome.
This is everything I wanted from a MMX game, it looks like MMX8 with a lot of new features, which is awesome.
X is my favorite series, don't like the RPGs that much, wouldn't like it at all if the game was based on that.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder how grinding would work in an Megaman MMO........

If it were a Console game (Like Downloadable or something), i might be interested. But as an PC MMO, they could have done so much better....

D

Deleted User

dgwillia said:
Wonder how grinding would work in an Megaman MMO........

If it were a Console game (Like Downloadable or something), i might be interested. But as an PC MMO, they could have done so much better....
crafting new weapons armours?

anyway, has anybody noticed, that even the trailer is lagging

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1