Mega Man Legends 3 part 39008921831

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks like there have been over 1000 servbot applications in the past day or so already.
The demand is absolutely there, maybe the public just wasn't aware that Capcom was seeking so much participation for the project.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
It looks like there have been over 1000 servbot applications in the past day or so already.
The demand is absolutely there, maybe the public just wasn't aware that Capcom was seeking so much participation for the project.
Well that's probably because when one thinks of Megaman they usually don't think of the term "fan game" to be associated with it.

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyberconnect2 CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama said that they would be happy to take over the development of Rockman Dash 3 [Mega Man Legends 3] from Capcom, he said that he really like the series. source the- magicbox

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shadowgauge said:
Cyberconnect2 CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama said that they would be happy to take over the development of Rockman Dash 3 [Mega Man Legends 3] from Capcom, he said that he really like the series. source the- magicbox
Yes, that's been known for a little while now.
And they'd totally be up for the task, they did Solatorobo, very similar vain to MML.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Except Capcom won't handover the rights to the title. They don't want to make it because they fear it won't be profitable, but they don't want somebody else making it out of fear that it will be profitable and that they will have taken a loss.

I don't see why Capcom doesn't just bite the bullet and make the game.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Nathan Drake said:

Why spend resources on a risky game when you can spend equal amounts of resources on a game like Monster Hunter or Street Fighter which is almost guaranteed to make a good profit?
Or release a game like Monster Hunter or Street Fighter ( I want SF X Tekken!!!) using that money to pick up slack of one game if it some how flopped?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know what servbot you are? O.o

EDIT: Good lord I'm stupid, I completely missed a step. Servbot #007887 shuffling in for duty...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Nathan Drake said:

Why spend resources on a risky game when you can spend equal amounts of resources on a game like Monster Hunter or Street Fighter which is almost guaranteed to make a good profit?

They release games such as those anyways. If anything, they pick up the slack when other Capcom games don't sell well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
They release games such as those anyways. If anything, they pick up the slack when other Capcom games don't sell well.

But why should they? Why release a product that'll basically detract from the money you'll be receiving from another product? To satisfy fans? Since when has Capcom done that?

Basically the options are to release successful games that'll get them tons of profit or release successful games and a less-than-successful game that'll fetch them less profit. If you enjoy money then it's a pretty obvious choice.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I never enjoyed MML, but I love those character designs. It was always for me one of those games I wanted to like but never could quite get into it.

I may not be going to play it, but you bet your ass I'll be a servbot to help. Poor Megaman needs to get back to Earth!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol