Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection launches in two volumes on Nintendo Switch next year

Capcom announced today another big collection of classic Mega Man games coming to modern consoles and PC. The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection will feature ten games originally released on the GBA. It will release in two volumes on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2023. The physical release on Switch and PlayStation 4 will include both volumes, possibly meaning they will release the same day. (The two volumes will only be available separately as digital purchases.) This new collection will feature a gallery, a music mode, and the ability to turn on and off a high-resolution filter.

The first volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, and Mega Man Battle Network 3 White. The second volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel, Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar, and Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I call bullshit because they were more than willing to put the ZX duology in the same collection as the Zero Collection.
If they can do it with ZX, then they can do it with Star Force.
they also splitted the original megaman games and splitted the x ones too... so they can split whatever they want ...

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I call bullshit because they were more than willing to put the ZX duology in the same collection as the Zero Collection.
There's more time in-between the end of Megaman BN6 and Starforce 1 than there is between the end of megaman Zero 4 and the beginning of Megaman ZX by like a few years or so, I think...

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's more time in-between the end of Megaman BN6 and Starforce 1 than there is between the end of megaman Zero 4 and the beginning of Megaman ZX by like a few years or so, I think...
Nah, according to what I looked up, Zero 4, and ZX had about a year difference between them, and it was pretty much the same with BN6 and Starforce. Sounds about right tbh. a release per year, per team.

BlusterBong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they also splitted the original megaman games and splitted the x ones too... so they can split whatever they want ...
There's a little problem, in that the X series is entirely different in terms of mechanics not common throughout the franchise compared to the Classic series, so putting them in the same collection would be impractical.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Battle Network has 10 games and it's being split off into two volumes digitally. Zero has 4 games and ZX only has two games, it makes sense for them to just bundle them together as a Mega Man ZX Legacy collection probably wouldn't sell that well on its own. Star Force has 7 (technically 8 if Zerker is counted as it's own unique release even though it's both bundled in with Saurian and Ninja). It wouldn't make much sense for them to just merge two separate series that both have a lot of games.

There's a little problem, in that the X series is entirely different in terms of mechanics not common throughout the franchise compared to the Classic series, so putting them in the same collection would be impractical.
They meant that both the Classic and X Legacy Collections were both split up into two respective collections EACH. The first Mega Man Legacy Collection only has 1-6 while the second one has 7-10. The first X Legacy Collection has X1-X4 while the second one has X5-X8.

Reactions: pedro702

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... no star force, no localization of operation shooting star, no double team and no gamecube spinoff?
i hope it's at least the eshop enhanced versions
What was the difference? And yeah, really should include those and BN 4.5 since fan translations exist. There are only 3 Star Force games, so they could fit them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played mega man battle network 3 blue iirc. I liked it a lot, think I even beat the game, so I might be interested in buying this collection. mega man is one of my favorite game characters ever, even have a plushie of him, which I used to have ride on my dogs' backs. :D @Chary will probably find that funny. :P

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, according to what I looked up, Zero 4, and ZX had about a year difference between them, and it was pretty much the same with BN6 and Starforce. Sounds about right tbh. a release per year, per team.
OK, sure, but my previous post was referring to the in-game lore time in between the respective subseries rather than official release dates.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What was the difference? And yeah, really should include those and BN 4.5 since fan translations exist. There are only 3 Star Force games, so they could fit them.
the biggest difference was the world map i suppose, followed by it just playing less clunky than it originally did? everything was just the tiniest bit more fluid in battle, * chips were added, encounter rate toned down.
and theres the bit of star force crossover and all.
it's not like it revolutionizes the game, but the map alone makes this 10 times as enjoyable.

honestly, they should've remade all of these on ds just for the bottom screen map

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved those games .... Rockman.exe Games and Anime were incredible (even though local dub of the Anime was the worst in human history)

After hearing those news I was kinda hoping for them to "remake" them with proper 3d grafics but well at least they have a smoothening filter :/

Yeah, I was excited seeing the trailer and hearing the tune. But if it's just mainly a filter I may as well just run it on a emulator at least I'd have a fast forward option for long walks or possibly some dialogue.

I haven't been on gbatemp in a while, but it's nice to see some familiar names/avatars. :grog:

Reactions: Youkai

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised to see so many going in for Star Force. Back on the DS most seemed to write it off as a far inferior cousin to Battle Network but in the absence of something new then might as well.
The only real issue was the battle system IMO. Because you couldn't move forward except the teleporting for melee attack battle cards. And the multiplayer was full of hackers with 9999 HP.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only real issue was the battle system IMO. Because you couldn't move forward except the teleporting for melee attack battle cards. And the multiplayer was full of hackers with 9999 HP.
How many hackers, though? The DS has no Keyboard of its own, how could it be filled with that many hackers?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How many hackers, though? The DS has no Keyboard of its own, how could it be filled with that many hackers?
What does keyboard have to do anything?

From what we have seen with the wifi replacements then all data was pretty much handled locally for games as opposed to on Nintendo or whatever servers so that means anybody with a cheat cartridge ($20 at your local electronics shop and at the time some national electronics/games shops too with Circuit City in the US having such things), flash cart ($20 on your cheapo Chinese tat selling site, also no need to purchase game for this one), custom firmware (to some extent, would be rare to see it used), emulator (granted wifi supporting emulators were thin on the ground so this would be more level 999 or whatever characters made on them and saves exported back as I doubt anybody worked up a save exploit to make cheats).

I don't know what ratio of cheaters you would have to encounter to ruin the experience offhand (would depend what the mechanics are) but it does not tend to have to be that high, even more so if you actually might lose something other than time.

Reactions: Guacaholey

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does keyboard have to do anything?

From what we have seen with the wifi replacements then all data was pretty much handled locally for games as opposed to on Nintendo or whatever servers so that means anybody with a cheat cartridge ($20 at your local electronics shop and at the time some national electronics/games shops too with Circuit City in the US having such things), flash cart ($20 on your cheapo Chinese tat selling site, also no need to purchase game for this one), custom firmware (to some extent, would be rare to see it used), emulator (granted wifi supporting emulators were thin on the ground so this would be more level 999 or whatever characters made on them and saves exported back as I doubt anybody worked up a save exploit to make cheats).

I don't know what ratio of cheaters you would have to encounter to ruin the experience offhand (would depend what the mechanics are) but it does not tend to have to be that high, even more so if you actually might lose something other than time.
Every time I tried the online play I ran into hackers. Of course the community of people actually battling against eachother online would've been pretty small to begin with

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the WiiU versions had several bugfixes (looking at you, Blue Moon), and the exclusive multiplayer chips could be attained by just visiting the multiplayer menu once without doing anything. That's the main things I know about.
They also gave you some of the Japanese exclusive chips when you enter the multiplayer menu. Gospel chips and GateSP in BN2, Bass GS and Punk in BN3 (even in White!), etc. It also gives you the Bass Cross mod card in BN5.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They also gave you some of the Japanese exclusive chips when you enter the multiplayer menu. Gospel chips and GateSP in BN2, Bass GS and Punk in BN3 (even in White!), etc. It also gives you the Bass Cross mod card in BN5.

I hope this happens with the BN Legacy collection. If not, someone better convert the WiiU bugfixed versions to the GBA game format, so I can fit them into a flash cart. :blush::unsure:

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: nxwing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended