Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection launches in two volumes on Nintendo Switch next year

Capcom announced today another big collection of classic Mega Man games coming to modern consoles and PC. The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection will feature ten games originally released on the GBA. It will release in two volumes on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2023. The physical release on Switch and PlayStation 4 will include both volumes, possibly meaning they will release the same day. (The two volumes will only be available separately as digital purchases.) This new collection will feature a gallery, a music mode, and the ability to turn on and off a high-resolution filter.

The first volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, and Mega Man Battle Network 3 White. The second volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel, Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar, and Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand not having the Japan-only titles, but how about having some of the dialogue in the games be more true to the OG Japanese versions? There are more than a few instances of spelling and translation Errors in BN1 and BN2, and its arguably worse in BN4 Red Sun/Blue Moon.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is an auto buy for my collection. This will bring some great memories, especially the passcode for magaman battle network 4 with the mission on the boat.
Thats BN5... mmm good times

I'll buy it all just to show support for my favorite series of all time, but unless they add some new stuff to play with I'll stick to emulation.

Reactions: KeoniAzugon

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's great Capcom is releasing this game collection, but why can't they put them all into one single collection? In any case, I would think Capcom will release the BN DS version some time in the near future.

Reactions: LanHikariDS

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hopefully they added the "secret chips" and cut content to MMBN3/4/5/6.
Someone will dump the roms for sure :lol:

Sidenote: RetroArch does a better job with a video filter called EPX or Scale2X.
EPX has better performance than the latter though.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats BN5... mmm good times

I'll buy it all just to show support for my favorite series of all time, but unless they add some new stuff to play with I'll stick to emulation.
I'm still hoping to get physical copies at least DS BN5 and SF 1 (preferably the Pegasus version in particular), Maybe BN2 and StarForce 2. For some reason, even the DS games, especially when they are CIB are now commonly priced near or in the range of the triple digits in regards to the price! I can understand GBA nowadays, ditto for GBC and NGPC software, but what do the sellers of games for the DS; a system that is less than 25 years old need all those $$$bills for!?

Last edited by Megadriver94,
Reactions: KingBlank

EagleRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Capcom announced today another big collection of classic Mega Man games coming to modern consoles and PC. The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection will feature ten games originally released on the GBA. It will release in two volumes on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2023. The physical release on Switch and PlayStation 4 will include both volumes, possibly meaning they will release the same day. (The two volumes will only be available separately as digital purchases.) This new collection will feature a gallery, a music mode, and the ability to turn on and off a high-resolution filter.

The first volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, and Mega Man Battle Network 3 White. The second volume will feature Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team ProtoMan, Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel, Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar, and Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar.

I hope they make a PvP mode and online mode along with all games onto one single cartridge with no downloading in any shape or form. I know everything can fit on one single cartirdge.

LanHikariDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the original megaman games nes ones and x collections mostly ps1 and snes games were also splitted, it gives more money to capcom... the nes ones are like under 100mb all together and you had 2 volumes lol.
How does releasing two $20 collections give Capcom more money than releasing a single $40 collection? This does nothing but make the collection more annoying to use by fragmenting the menu between two separate launchers, as I can't imagine much of the userbase will buy one volume and not the other.
so... no star force, no localization of operation shooting star, no double team and no gamecube spinoff?
i hope it's at least the eshop enhanced versions
The eShop versions were enhanced? How so? There's no good list of titles that are enhanced by the WiiU eShop.

I hope they make a PvP mode and online mode along with all games onto one single cartridge with no downloading in any shape or form. I know everything can fit on one single cartirdge.
They likely will be on the same cartridge, but it'll still be two separate icons on your home screen, which is still annoying as hell.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Loved those games .... Rockman.exe Games and Anime were incredible (even though local dub of the Anime was the worst in human history)

After hearing those news I was kinda hoping for them to "remake" them with proper 3d grafics but well at least they have a smoothening filter :/

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The eShop versions were enhanced? How so? There's no good list of titles that are enhanced by the WiiU eShop.
So, the WiiU versions had several bugfixes (looking at you, Blue Moon), and the exclusive multiplayer chips could be attained by just visiting the multiplayer menu once without doing anything. That's the main things I know about.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still going for the PS4? Interesting.

Anyway they were among the titles that saw me pick up a GBA all those years ago (some might say all downhill from there).

Don't know that I will be rushing to pick these up as the DS version of 5 generally does it for me and they are so similar that I have to have a break between them but still nice to see. If you were looking for an in for the series then could see this being the way to go.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Surprised to see so many going in for Star Force. Back on the DS most seemed to write it off as a far inferior cousin to Battle Network but in the absence of something new then might as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"