np_screenshot_010_02--article_image.jpg
np_screenshot_006_02--article_image.jpg

np_screenshot_007_02--article_image.jpg
screenshot_002_02_4--article_image.jpg

screenshot_002_02_2--article_image.jpg
np_screenshot_005_02--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

More art & screens:
http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/mega-man-9-w...626165055938021

Still not into the old school NES look? Well I guess its a case of tough shit but we all know what Capcom are like for remaking stuff. Now I welcome the look of the old style stuff but I reckon that there should be some better backgrounds there.

- There are doors marked Dr. L (Dr. Light) before each boss. This goes with Dr. Wily accusing Dr. Light of creating the evil robot masters
- Galaxy Man: use portals to travel through the level, enemies that split and multiply
- Plug Man: “disappearing block” puzzles
- Hornet Man: lots of bees
- Jewel Man: stand on swings and use momentum to make jumps
- Magma Man: lava, lava, lava
- Concrete Man: reminiscent of Guts Man
- Tornado Man: spinning platforms, mid-air leaps
- Splash Woman: Inafune designed this Robot Master, level features bubble puzzle reminiscent of Megan Man 5
- Dr. Light’s shop is included
- items to purchase: energy balancer, spike shoes, armor
- play as Mega Man without his helmet, if you want to
- Select screen and Menu screen feature music directly from Mega Man 2
- Select screen features options that are not allowed to be discussed until E3
- charged mega-buster and sliding not in the game, at this point. It is unclear if they will be in the final version.
- Rush Coil confirmed
- more to look forward to than the ‘regular game’. Menu screen holds other game options

Interview with developers:
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mega-man-9-exc...070217152878013

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
From the screenshots it's a plain NES game.. I was hoping to see some features that couldn't be done on the NES, like a big number of sprites on screen.. hope that the final version has at least wide screen support :/

leathco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
From the screenshots it's a plain NES game.. I was hoping to see some features that couldn't be done on the NES, like a big number of sprites on screen.. hope that the final version has at least wide screen support :/

There will be at least a few.

Check the seventh pic, Mega Mans' sprite is rotating around the think he is on. Don't think that would be doable on the old NES.

I'm with ya on the huge number of sprites, or maybe a single massive old-skool sprite, ala Giant Mario from Super Paper Mario.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega Man 1 & 2 will be released on VC in August leading up to the release of 9.

Its been confirmed for release in Japan in September so I guess the NTSC/PAL will follow.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
this is supposed to be wiiware? j\k

havent really played this kind of megaman
\

only played megaman 4
rockman 8
and all megaman titles loaded up on vba wii

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest, this is kind of stupid.

Megaman 1 to 6 were supposed to be totally retro.
Megaman 7 got a cartoonish overhaul
Megaman 8 toned it a little more serious but still cartoony

Megaman 9 should have a BETTER look than Megaman 8. If this is the crossover between Megaman and Megaman X, it's going to tell a very shitty story with 8-bit graphics.

I expected a much better look, cool powerups, and so far I'm less than amazed and probably won't even go near this, even though I'm a huge Megaman fan.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When this comes out, maybe we can extract the nes rom from the channel, since they're probably developing the game as a NES game.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Jax said:
When this comes out, maybe we can extract the nes rom from the channel, since they're probably developing the game as a NES game.
Yes, it has a NES look... but I'm sure it isn't being developed as a NES game
tongue.gif

They'll probably use a lot of new technologies like real-time rotating sprites and sprite zooming and deformation... Things that a NES couldn't do
tongue.gif

pwn3d91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh* Guys. This is NES styled, not a NES game. Trust me, there'll be a crapload of effects/tricks that couldn't be done on the NES.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, they have it so close to the NES that the only way you can play is by either using a Gamecube Microphone or Download Play+DS and blowing on the microphone to get the game to start.

All jokes aside, it's only images thus far. We will need to see what they show off at E3. Who knows what goodies they have in store.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm not seeing any over-worked palettes or anything. This looks like an authentic NES game almost down to the 'T.'

That rotation-pill-thing pic can easily be done on the NES--all you have to do is load different graphics, mirror it on the bottom-side, and mirror Megaman's standard animation (same goes for any other frames not noticed in the shot)

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hadrian said:
It seems the genius who ripped the video from NicoNico Douga forgot to turn of the comments.
If you have an account the footage is from this video and starts at 17:15.
The Inafune interview is so-so to watch even if you understand Japanese. I'm just happy he appreciates the whole Okkusenman thing.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Somehow I can't believe this is happening...but then I think it's very cool they go ULTRA-OLDSCHOOL with this one. Imagine if Nintendo would make a new Super Mario World in the genuine SNES style....that would be wonderful!!!!

With Megaman I'm not too excited as the Megaman games were insanely tough....and sadly I don't have that patience anymore...

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Mega Man 1 & 2 will be released on VC in August leading up to the release of 9.

Its been confirmed for release in Japan in September so I guess the NTSC/PAL will follow.

We already have Mega Man 1 and 2.

I don't care about the NES look. I just hope that this won't be one of the "50Hz" games on PAL systems. It's just a pain to see graphic glitches.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find it funny how everything is going full circle. Developers went from wanting to update graphics to downgrading graphics.

I have mixed feelings about this. Ideally I would have liked to see this done in a 2.5D Fashion like the PSP versions of the games, which are great. However, there is something to be said about the retro feel of the game as well.

The only problem I see with this, is that the game will look really poor on my 50" HDTV. It would look great on a an old school TV, but when you have the pixels get that big, it looks really poor. All the NES games need VSYNC and everthing else on to look good on a large TV in the emulators, so this may hold it back.

I think they should have released this for the DS or the PSP. The screen size would be great, and for whatever reason, I think it would be more fitting. For me personally, I think all handhelds should have 2D, 2.5D games and retro games, and the Home Console should really try to push the envelope.

Also, I am not sure about that interview. There is no real reason why they need a big group to make this game. 6 people could and should have made this game. Not sure how they did it, but they should have created as a NES game, sell it both as VC and as a pyschical NES cartridge. That would have been sweet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head