Mega Man 9 and 10 in 3DS shop?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ferret7463, Jun 23, 2011.

Jun 23, 2011
  1. ferret7463
    OP

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok, i am new at all of the "Shop" stuff. I know that as it sits, the games Megaman 9 and 10 are set in Wii WAD files. Has Nintendo ever released stuff that was for the Wii to be played on the DSi? An example would be like mini games. I am sure the 3DS would have the power to run those games. By the way i don't own a Wii.

2. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No. No Wiiware has ever been released on the DSi (or likely ever will be).

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Pretty sure that the DSi and Wii shops were totally separate of each other.

4. ferret7463
    OP

United States
    well i was kinda hoping they may have tried to rake in money by porting some of the stuff.

5. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Can't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible to reconfigure them to work on 3DS. I doubt games like that are draining on processing power, the 3DS could certainly handle them. Worst case scenario, if Nintendo fail to see the wisdom of things like this, I'm willing to bet the pirates will fill the void when the system is inevitably cracked.

6. ferret7463
    OP

United States
    I sure hope so, I have all of the Cartridges and CDs of the games in my collection and have been playing mega man since '87.

7. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Eh, that will be difficult. Pirates aren't that skilled in hacking, they just mostly re-use common knowledge (discovered by true hackers) to run backups [​IMG]

Also, they're two completely different architectures (PPC vs ARM). There's no way they can just work without a recompiling of some sort, which isn't feasible without the source code.

Nintendo could easily do that if they want, though.

8. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Don't underestimate hackers, which is what I actually meant by pirates, to me they're one and the same. Any code written by man can be unwritten by man. If they ever actually had sufficient reason to do it, they could. But it's not really worth it for these two. It'd have to be for some sort of 'ultimate' game that appeals to absolutely everyone in the world or something. But I reckon it's possible. Difficult, time consuming, ultimately not worth it, yes. Never said it wouldn't be. But possible.

9. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I pretty much agree. My time of enlightenment with what hackers were truly able to accomplish was when a hacker named Stealth managed to reverse engineer Sonic 1 on Genesis to run natively on a real GBA without the source code (all just to "1up" Sega for their own pathetic effort at bringing Sonic 1 to GBA, and Stealth's port played perfectly). After that, it dawned on me that there's almost no end to what a truly brilliant hacker can accomplish. Quite stunning.

Maybe if someone could recreate a Megaman engine for the DS (like a fangame), i could see it possible to recreate MM9/10 on it without having to fiddle with the original code.

10. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    The Genesis is a REALLY simple architecture compared to a Wii, and is also extensively documented. Doing the same with WiiWare would require at least 10x the time/effort required to manually reverse-engineering Sonic 1.

Sure, there are crazy people out there, but you have to think that Sonic 1 is a classic, and a masterpiece, so it's feasible that someone starts dedicating LOTS of hours to it, but I just can't foresee anybody losing months of their life to convert some random WiiWare to run on the 3DS [​IMG]

11. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    2 year bumb

meh, I bet my ass that Capcom will bring Mega Man 9 and 10 to the 3DS eShop at some point. They have all Mega Mans in the eShop already except 6, but it's matter of a few weeks until 6 is released as well. Of course they would have to port Mega Man 9 and 10 and not emulate them because they are not NES roms like the first six installments.