Mega man 10 and Guitar Hero 5 not happy together

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cokeman118, Mar 6, 2010.

1. cokeman118
    OP

Newcomer cokeman118 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, Here is the problem. First I'm on system menu 4.2u, latest version of cioscorp. Now, I updated ios 56 to the latest version with DOP-IOS so I could play mega man 10, and it works perfect. But now I cannot play Guitar Hero 5, it shows up in the disc channel, but when I try to play it gives a 002 error, or sometimes it says there was an error and to shut off my wii. So doing some searching everyone seems to say to get it to work I need IOS56 v5146 with rev14 DIP. Ok, so I got that and I can get it to play, but it breaks mega man 10. Mega man 10 throws the 002 error. So I reinstalled the latest IOS56 again, and now mega man 10 works again. Is there any way to get both games to work together without throwing out errors, and breaking one in the process?? Also, I'm not using USB loading, I tried that and my HD got corrupted and I haven't had time to reinstall all the games, so I'm using some of the discs I actually had made. If anyone can help with this problem I'd appreciate it.

2. Bumpman

Member Bumpman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Uh, try booting via neogamma or somesuch.

3. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Well, first of all, when you DOP'd IOS56, you overwrote the corped IOS56, so you'll have to reinstall the cIOS56 from cIOSCORP.

I'm not sure why Mega Man 10 is throwing error 002 though...

And do you have preloader or startpatch hacks?
    If so, check that the "Force disc games to use IOS249" aka "IOS Reloading" is DISABLED.
    This should fix GH5, but not sure about MM10...
    Is it a good dump (the 1up release)?
    Or has it been patched somehow?

4. cokeman118
    OP

Newcomer cokeman118 Advanced Member

United States
    eventhough I already had cioscorp installed, I still couldn't run Megaman 10 or Guitar Hero 5. It wasn't until I loaded the most recent ios56. I got megaman10 from "we hack wii" so not sure if it's patched or what. As far as preloader, I have those hacks disabled.

update: Ok, I just reinstalled cioscorp and now everything works fine.