Meet PDI Check, a $99 eye-exam 3DS app

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by zoogie, May 24, 2019.

?

What would you pay for this software?

This poll will close on May 24, 2020 at 10:11 PM.
  1. $100

8 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. $40

15 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. $10

21 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. $5

26 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. $1

23 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. I wouldn't even bother pirating it

228 vote(s)
    57.0%
  7. $0 (yarr)

79 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    I think it has to do with the stereoscopic screen on the 3DS. It's capable of showing a different image to each eye, so you can run a battery of eye isolation tests for binocular vision. From what I could see in the video the majority of the tests are for binocural perception (and disorders thereof).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binocular_vision#Disorders

For that same reason I expect most of the tests to not run at all on 2DS devices.

The app is not a complete diagnostic tool and doesn't pretend it will replace an optician/ophthalmologist but it could be a handy early test for potential problems. (As long as it displays a "if you failed X or more of these tests, please consult your ophthalmologist" in huge idiot-proof letters.) Doesn't return a diagnosis but points you vaguely in the right direction.

I don't think anyone (this thread aside) expects a single user to buy this (pay $99 for a handful of tests that can be replaced by two pieces of cardboard, that he would run once and then throw away), but I can imagine a medical practitioner adding it to their toolset or field kit. I imagine being able to automate part of the screening process while you do other thingss would be valuable when you have to batch run it on a whole bunch of people.

2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    ...it can be written off, in one way or another.

I didn't read anything past page 1, excluding post #61, but I'm pretty sure Aetna/Cigna would cover this "piece of "equipment"" under their basic plans at little to no cost :creep:
    [​IMG]

(doesn't really fit, but let's Trebek some good spicyness and hope he notices before we look like jerks)