• Views 8,331,738
  • Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Jayro,

Are there any plans to update MediCat USB in the near future?

FAQ:
"How often will this be updated?"
MediCat USB is now a rolling release, so will be regularly updated with major releases, and minor updates as needed (Typically monthly or bi-monthly).

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Jayro,

Are there any plans to update MediCat USB in the near future?

FAQ:
MediCat USB is now a rolling release, so will be regularly updated with major releases, and minor updates as needed (Typically monthly or bi-monthly).

According to Discord: Next release is planned for 22.06

DMAPDM

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello, thanks a lot for your work.

look on this cool utility for your distribution : github : RawDiskCopier
This simple utility was designed to copy the data from one hard drive to another, with the ability to handle a failing hard drive and minimize data loss.

no installation required

see you later ;)

Reactions: roccostein

VanFlusen

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I use MediCat USB with integrated MediCat VHD on an SSD USB drive (Ventoy 1.0.77). Secure Boot is enabled on the system and the Ventoy Secure Boot Support option has been run. Medicat USB works fine with secure boot. However, the MediCat VHD only starts up to the Windows logo and the screen goes black. If I deactivate Secure Boot in the system, MediCat VHD starts fine. I tested it on 2 different PCs with the same result. Do you have any idea where the error is?

SteveSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use MediCat USB with integrated MediCat VHD on an SSD USB drive (Ventoy 1.0.77). Secure Boot is enabled on the system and the Ventoy Secure Boot Support option has been run. Medicat USB works fine with secure boot. However, the MediCat VHD only starts up to the Windows logo and the screen goes black. If I deactivate Secure Boot in the system, MediCat VHD starts fine. I tested it on 2 different PCs with the same result. Do you have any idea where the error is?
Did you try putting the Ventoy menu system into text mode first (F7).
Also try the special modes ctrl-w, ctrl-r, ctrl-i before selecting VHD. press F1 for help.

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get "the syntax of the command is incorrect." error no matter where I try to run the .bat file. Tried Google Drive download and primary download.

The files are unzipped and the folders are just named the defaults.
Capture.png

hayder123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Project is still active.
This project is absolutely free to use; I do not charge anything for MediCat USB.
MediCat USB is made to take advantage of bleeding edge computers.
Derivative projects are allowed and encouraged.
MediCat USB is clean of viruses, malware, or any kind of malicious code.
Modify MediCat's ISOs and menus as you see fit!
USB bootable using Ventoy and 7-zip.
Supports Legacy BIOS (CSM) and UEFI
Now has a page on https://alternativeto.net/software/medicat-dvd/about/
Gluten-free, non-GMO, gender neutral, and no trans-fats!

MediCat History:
I run a PC repair service out of my home called Reset Computers. As a seasoned PC Technician (A+ Certified by CompTIA) in the field for 16 years, I could never find a software toolbox that could fit my personal needs.... Until I found YUMI, which allowed me to customize my own. That got me making multiboot USB sticks, and all was great. However, some older hardware (and picky computers) wouldn't boot from them, rendering them useless. Even the F-key boot menu wouldn't work. Sometimes the BIOS just doesn't support bootable USB sticks for whatever reason, even when set to Legacy Boot in the BIOS settings. So I made a bootable DVD variety, for those finicky computers that refuse to (or can't) boot from USB. So I created a bootable ISO called MediCat DVD in early 2012. I kept working on it and kept it updated whenever I needed to, but never thought about releasing it. The first public release wasn't until February 2nd, 2014. I had a stable home and job so I figured, 'why not?'. Now the project has outgrown DVD-R media, and is known as MediCat USB.

The Project Objective:
My overall goal of this project is to continue where Hiren's Boot CD/DVD left off in 2012; Provide a simplified menu system that's completely overloaded with useful PC tools, be easy to navigate, and remain aesthetically pleasing to technicians. I wanted something elegant, but not too distracting. I didn't want it to come across as too technical-looking, or confusing. So I did what I could to spruce things up. MediCat USB is made with modern 64-bit computers in mind.

Try the new MediCat Installer, made by @MON5TERMATT :
View attachment 290496

Click the Google Drive or MEGA buttons below for the download directory,
the Torrent Download button for the torrent, or copy the MAGNET Link:

View attachment 220082
( DO NOT DOWNLOAD ALL THE FILES ALL AT ONCE, ZIPPED!
THEY WILL BE RE-NUMBED WRONG IF YOU DO! DOWNLOAD THEM ONE AT A TIME! )

View attachment 220083
MAIN MEGA LINK.

View attachment 222769
MEGA MIRROR (BACKUP LINK)

View attachment 220084
TORRENT FILE. (The fastest and recommended way)

Magnet link:
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1D714BDF37890669E98933B724B55D47E7F2D01B

View attachment 290667

Please Follow these steps to help you make a bootable USB stick successfully:

First thing to do is disable any "Real-Time Scanning" in your antivirus apps, including Windows Defender!!!

(Otherwise you will have apps get deleted from your USB drive during creation, and things won't work properly.)

Ventoy's donation page

Snappy Driver Installer Origin

Gparted

PortableApps

Giving Center / Computers with Causes

Can I run the PortableApps on my current PC without booting up MediCat?"
Yes, just mount the MediCat USB, and open Start.exe to launch the platform. These are the same exact apps that get loaded within Mini Windows 10. So if you update them, they will show up updated in Mini Windows 10 as well.

"How do I make this for a 32GB USB stick?"
-Install Ventoy to the drive.
-Open MediCat's first zip.001 file with 7-zip.
-Extract the files and folders to the root of the USB drive.

"Can I add or swap out the PortableApps with different ones?"
Absolutely, I encourage it! Please feel free to modify MediCat to YOUR individual needs! :D

"Can I install Mini Windows 10 as my main OS?"
No, it doesn't work like that. It's a WinPE image (Windows Pre-install Environment) that runs in memory. It's primary use is to troubleshoot a troublesome PC.

"Is it free?"
Absolutely. I will never charge money for MediCat, or accept donations. However, feel free to share your ideas, questions, and concerns in this thread. That's how you can give back. :)

MediCat USB is now a rolling release, so will be regularly updated with major releases, and minor updates as needed (Typically monthly or bi-monthly). The links here will always be the latest version. The PortableApps are easily updatable by the user, once they have been 'burned' to USB.

"If anyone can make these bootable USB sticks, what makes yours so special?"
Nothing, really. Just simplicity, and convenience on my part. Everything is subjective to opinion of usefulness. My software suite may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it helps you in the field, yay!
Is it open source?

SteveSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How to get MON5TERMAT installer? Link just shows Medicat graphics png file ???...
OK - solved it - you need to use first post and then click on Orange 'Download' button on far top right which I missed at first!

Last edited by SteveSi,

VanFlusen

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can create and mount a .VHD file that's 32GB, and install Ventoy+MediCat to that, and boot to it in Ventoy.
Did you test it?
Unable to boot a VHD of medicat with Ventoy 1.77
In the Ventoy forum, a user did not manage to boot from the created VHD. I tested it too and got the same error:
File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi
Info: The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains erros.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)