• Views 8,321,156
  • Replies 3,951
  • Likes 278

SeekTruth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to play with the GPT/MBR settings and boot from both UEFI and BIOS modes to see with combination works for you and your hardware. I also recommend disabling secure boot on everything and turning off bitlocker if you have it on.
Cheers for the reply! Turns out RAID needed to be changed to AHCI... It was literally a 2 step process within Windows to ensure proper booting before changing in the BIOS (just search ubuntu rst) Feeling quite noobish right now :/

side note: WindowsFX sure missed the boat on this one (among other bugs). Received the warning about RST in both Mint and ZorinOS.

Last edited by SeekTruth,
Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Cheers for the reply! Turns out RAID needed to be changed to AHCI... It was literally a 2 step process within Windows to ensure proper booting before changing in the BIOS (just search ubuntu rst) Feeling quite noobish right now :/

side note: WindowsFX sure missed the boat on this one (among other bugs). Received the warning about RST in both Mint and ZorinOS.
Hey, it's an easy mistake to make. I always forget to tell people about AHCI.

Reactions: nekinhas

oldman82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the great toolkit Jayro !

Is Medicat installer.exe an unsigned exe ?
It's getting quarantined on my pc.
Full of viruses apparently :)

Also virustotal results:
31 security vendors and 1 sandbox flagged this file as malicious
Comments section on virustotal is pretty weird too.
"Detects strings found in malware samples in APT report in DarkHydrus"
"new-threat-actor-group-darkhydrus-targets-middle-east-government"

I know all about fasle postives but that's the most i've ever seen and i download all sorts of files most days.
Can Medcat be installed manully with Ventoy and then copying over the large archive contents ?

Last edited by oldman82,

madbomb122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great toolkit Jayro !

Is Medicat installer.exe an unsigned exe ?
It's getting quarantined on my pc.
Full of viruses apparently :)

Also virustotal results:
31 security vendors and 1 sandbox flagged this file as malicious
Comments section on virustotal is pretty weird too.
"Detects strings found in malware samples in APT report in DarkHydrus"
"new-threat-actor-group-darkhydrus-targets-middle-east-government"

I know all about fasle postives but that's the most i've ever seen and i download all sorts of files most days.
Can Medcat be installed manully with Ventoy and then copying over the large archive contents ?
The false positives are because its a powershell script that got converted to an exe... virus/malware scanners tend to not like them so it detects them as malicious...

Yes you can install medicat with ventoy then copying the files over.. the exe was made to help people out.

Reactions: neofita

zeromant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am appalled at the obliquities that have been charted here...
It has been incontestably written: "Gluten-free, non-GMO, gender neutral, and no trans-fats!"
While this is academically correct, it conceals a slightly befogged, crepuscular and even bone-chilling undertone.
The code has not been genetically modified but significantly worse...
This vile and wretched software, it has been genetically created!
I wish to forevermore be kept in the dark about any forthcoming updates to the project.
With kindest regards,
The real Broad Umbrageous.
kek get lost kid.

zeromant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I was already comfy with the 21.06 version, but seeing today there is a new version i'm really eagger to try it asap and integrate it to my Easy2Boot super USB stick lol

Net7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone experienced an issue with the latest where formatting of the drive seems to complete but has an error?
Upon format from the prompt from the default exFAT to NTFS (is this required BTW, I would prefer it stay exFAT), it acts like it was fine, but disk shows unformulated and asks to be formatted by windows and installation of MediCat fails.

Attachments

• HASH-Check.PNG
    HASH-Check.PNG
    120 KB · Views: 71

oldman82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was already comfy with the 21.06 version, but seeing today there is a new version i'm really eagger to try it asap and integrate it to my Easy2Boot super USB stick lol
Probably just a few of the included programs have been updated.
You can update the portable apps section yourself by running it from a folder on your pc.
Though it's possible some of the other stuff is a bit more integrated with startup scripts and version numbering needed .

oldman82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The false positives are because its a powershell script that got converted to an exe... virus/malware scanners tend to not like them so it detects them as malicious...

Yes you can install medicat with ventoy then copying the files over.. the exe was made to help people out.
Yeh ,i noticed that other topic here that mentioned that but still...
Anyway ,thanks for the info !

joshg253

Trophies
Website
gundersons.us
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed latest release, thanks!

The exe did not work for me -- first it got blocked by MalwareBytes, then after I disabled MB it grabbed an HTML file instead of the BAT file it was trying to grab (which obviously didn't run).

Was able to just paste over the top of my existing MediCat USB stick to update.

Updating PortableApps platform to latest breaks your pretty PA theme. :'(

Last edited by joshg253,

TingFeng77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Grabbed latest release, thanks!

The exe did not work for me -- first it got blocked by MalwareBytes, then after I disabled MB it grabbed an HTML file instead of the BAT file it was trying to grab (which obviously didn't run).

Was able to just paste over the top of my existing MediCat USB stick to update.

Updating PortableApps platform to latest breaks your pretty PA theme. :'(
you can get it back but it requires messing around with some files

in the X:\PortableApps\PortableApps(dot)com folder there is a MediCatFlat folder
It contains the medicat theme
just copy and paste the files
and replace them wherever necessary in X:\PortableApps\PortableApps(dot)com\App\Graphics
(sorry new user had to replace dots due to forum protection stuff)

some trial and error might be required to get it going, especially with merging the PATheme.ini file into Classic Dark theme

Reactions: joshg253

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!
The best way to do this is just to put your stuff in it's own folder on the ROOT of the USB, and add a blank text file called .ventoyignore inside. (If it says ventoyignore.txt, then delete the .txt extension.)

Reactions: nekinhas

joshg253

Trophies
Website
gundersons.us
XP
Country
United States
you can get it back but it requires messing around with some files

in the X:\PortableApps\PortableApps(dot)com folder there is a MediCatFlat folder
It contains the medicat theme
just copy and paste the files
and replace them wherever necessary in X:\PortableApps\PortableApps(dot)com\App\Graphics
(sorry new user had to replace dots due to forum protection stuff)

some trial and error might be required to get it going, especially with merging the PATheme.ini file into Classic Dark theme
Thanks. I had started diffing the old vs new dirs and it looked like it was going to take some fiddling (exactly as you noted). Was hoping I was wrong and there was something more straightforward.
Perhaps there is a more "official" way to add a new theme that won't break when updating. Or maybe that's a feature request for PortableApps. ;)

olecut

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I'll see what I can do.
Thank you very much for adding Disk Drill Program, can TransMac be added to this package in the next update? It can be very useful when writing DMG on Windows on Macbooks whose system crashed or Harddisk broken. Thank you very much, Jayro.

Amantefurtivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Very good to everyone !!.
Thank you very much Mr. Jairo for his time and dedication to this project and for his generosity in sharing it here for everyone.

I have some problems , I can not run malwarebytes 2.1.6.1022 for 64 bits .
I have ventoy updated version 1.064 for uefi-gpt boot.
Every time I want to run the malwarebytes program the scan starts and ends immediately without my stopping command.

Could someone help? .

Thank you very much to all .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4